Full head weight for shorter hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannesherrell

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Just a bit confused about the full head total weight for shorter hair extensions on Lengths such as 10-14 inches. I'm so used to having 16+ full head clients to which my standard full head weight is 150g and up to 200g if they have very thick hair or want that extra full celebrity volume, which is working well for me.

However, I've recently had a few clients requesting hair extensions as short as 10-14 inches who want to grow out short crops. The hair I'm going to use is Angel Remy 0.8g double drawn. Should I still be ordering 150g for a full head or should I be ordering and charging for a half head as the hair extensions are obviously shorter and much thicker (especially being double drawn) and requires less weight?

For charging I would look at the time + cost of products (hair in this case). If sectioning and application is the same as longer hair I wouldn't reduce it too much as it will be a very similar time. I'd look at the difference between length and thickness cost and go from there. Now I find shorter hair needs the thickness due to there being less room to blend the line.

Latest posts

Back