Full-time Hair NVQ 2 College, do you do any other subjects?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi

Im intending to do full-time NVQ 2 college next academic year.

Ive heard its about 15 hours. Also you do other subjects too like maths?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Kathair xx

All the students in my college do functional skills Maths and English. We all got assessed to determine at what level, I believe it is a requirement.

I think its a c grade you need to test too or attend the lesson if not. If your under 19 you will probably do interpersonal skills too

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think your initial tests mean much, I had all A's and B's at Gcse's, scored 100% on all the tests they gave me and I still have to do functional skills. I think it's just required.

Hi, yes you do, well if your a mature student it's an option. Part of my level 2 course I have to have a C in gcse English language and maths but I only have a D in the maths so I can re do my maths along side my course.

It's my choice but they have advised me to do it and for another few hours a week I may aswell get that extra qualification.

see Its solely based on testing for us, if we tested to c we dont do extra classes, so it must be dependant on the college.

We do have to do interpersonal regardless which is just a horrendous social engineering project, you dont have to do it next year if youre over 19 so hopefully thats the same for you and you dont need to do it :)

Hi

Thanks for the comments xx

Im still a bit confused!

So you do Maths and English (anything else) along side the NVQ 2 Hairdressing???????

How many Maths and English lessons do you do?

Im a mature student, so do you still have to do these?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kathair xx

Kat, you'd need to speak to your college, it appears some do, some dont do it mandatory. Your college will tell you. x

Ok, thanks, Ill get in touch with the college.

Kathair xx

Latest posts

Back