Funding advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazzybiz

Reaction score
Very long story short my daughter tgen 5 months old was diagnosed last year with a brain tumour and I have been signed since. My current employers are in the process of terminating my contract.(not in the beauty industry).
I trained in nails years ago on a short course and in my opinion never really taken off at doing them only really done family.

I am looking into starting doing beauty around looking after my daughter who is still having chemo.

I don't have the confidence in what I have learnt or my skills and am looking into training with CND.

Does anyone know of any funding that is available for retraining for carers who are in my position?

I am 29 and we get DLA for my daughter and I will be getting carers allowance.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hayley x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek

sorry to hear about your daughter and your job x

go online and type in grants for carers and see what comes up. to be honest i dont think there is much about at the minute. also check your local councils website for funding and you may be able to get a grant through social fund.

hope all goes ok for you. it may be hard at times setting up working from home and looking after your daughter but trust me you are going to need something that is yours to help you through.

I am carer to my son who has M.E and has been at home for 3 years now (hes 15) but we have just been referred to Great Ormond street so will see what happens there. the thing that keeps me going and gives me sanity and time out is nails!!x

Sorry to hear about your daughter *hugs*

Please, PLEASE do look into the Prince's Trust!

They offer funding & support for small businesses. I did the Enterprise course in October & they are helping me along with my business plan...exciting!

Good luck & best wishes :)

Have you looked at what the local education authority might offer? In a lot of areas you can get free tuition if you are on certain benefits or a low income. This looks like the place to look, here's the flowchart that helps you see what fee reduction or free courses you could be entitled to. They offer ITEC beauty diplomas here:

https://www.kentadulteducation.co.uk/pages/multimedia/db_document.document?id=1931

You should also have a local careers advice service which you can access regardless of your age, so contact them to discuss what your training options and funding options might be. Your local library might be able to help if you can't find the information you need.

Just thought i would update you I have been given ESA and am hopefully starting a beauty itec diploma level 2 at the end of this month.

Thanks you all so much for your help and advice without it I would never have thought to look at adult education.
Xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back