Funny feeling about client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
What's the best way to tell a client you won't be doing their hair if you have a funny feeling they will cause a lot of problems

I know this feeling & need to come up with valuable reasons why you couldn't do there hair 😱
Is it for extensions I was thinking saying there colours out of stock?

The Problem I had with a client this week has really put me off I don't like tarring people to the same brush but she was very chavy... I had such a bad feeling about her from the start, could say that yeah but they could just say oh I'll wait then.. Really unsure how to deal with clients like that now as she's really knocked my confidence

Is she a new client? X

When you say chavy, does that basically mean "white trash?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea kind of lol

I've always wondered what chav meant. Thanks. lol

What does "tarring someone to a brush" mean?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What happened with her to make u so worried?

She was a new client i fitted extensions for her they didn't agree with her hair and kept coming out so I was going to refit with a different method until she started asking for money back for a hair cut as apparently the hair was wonky which it wasn't asking for the difference back on the new method to the method she had paid as well as maintenance for next to nothing at this point I decided to tell her I don't think I'm the right person for her and I was happy to remove the remaining extensions for free and refund her the cost of fitting so she could go else where but no she demanded I had to for them again and when kept telling her no and had to call the police she then tells me she tried removing some of the extensions herself and caused bald patches and is now trying to claim against my insurance all because I wouldn't refit the extensions with a different method or give her a complete refund for fitting and the extensions she had as there was nothing wrong with the extensions themselves I even have proof form supplier when she rang and spoke to them that she was happy with the hair. It's knocked my confidence like anything and I don't want this to happen again so not sure how to decline clients that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Tarring someone to the same brush basically means guilty of the same behavior, or acting in the same manner as someone else, or likely to be considered the same as someone else because of similar behavior

She even called me a bully when she was the one being intimidating, every time I tried to talk she would talk over me and wouldn't let me talk

I had a funny feeling about her from the start I would get texts and phone calls late at night even begged me to fit her hair late one evening and wanted me to cancel my plans. I even moved clients around for her so she could have them done sooner for half hour later to tell me sorry she had work

I would say the earliest appointments you have for them is a few weeks off. If thy want it done sooner they will go elsewhere. Other than that every date or time thy say you are busy then.

She won't have a leg to stand on woth insurers as u offered to take them out for free for her and she declined. U have already told her politely to go elsewhere and she is being awkward so I would just give her a refund to get her off your back and then block her number so she can't hassle u anymore. These sort of clients are not worth the hassle x

I have her a refund and blocked her number even had to change my number, she has my insurance details just so I could get her off my back, I contacted trading standards they said I was in my rights to decline and refund her which I done. Ive contacted my insurer and sent all evidence of messages and explained in a email what had happened incase she does make a claim as she has said she has bald psychs from trying to remove them herself.. I only have one message about bald patches and this was after i refunded her and told her to leave my house or I'll call the police. She only mentioned about the bald patches to my face then once I a text message after. That's my only worry incase they pay out, I may have to contact my insurance again tomorrow

I wouldn't worry too much , if she has got bald spots then its coz she removed them herself which is not your fault. X

Saying everyone's the same. Eg all 'white trash' are scummy and don't want to spend any/much money.

Saying everyone's the same. Eg all 'white trash' are scummy and don't want to spend any/much money.

All white trash are scumy; its a kinda racist term in the US. But in my mind it describes lifestyle, not social status. Poor people can be clean, well mannered and hard working.

All white trash are scumy; its a kinda racist term in the US. But in my mind it describes lifestyle, not social status. Poor people can be clean, well mannered and hard working.

Chav is also more about lifestyle here too, it's people who are a little rough around the edges, it can be the way they speak & carry themselves and the way they dress, think track suits with gold chains around the neck lmao, white trash does sound awful harsh lol it reminds me of that trailer girl off my name is earl 😂

I used to drive a clio sport with a rediciloulsy loud exhaust, apparantly that was too chavvy :/ so I got a new car now lol 🚙💨 which could probably pass for chavvy too but tuff lol, and I love my trackie bottoms 😜😱 oh...my...god... I'm a chav! 😂😂

Chav is also more about lifestyle here too, it's people who are a little rough around the edges, it can be the way they speak & carry themselves and the way they dress, think track suits with gold chains around the neck lmao, white trash does sound awful harsh lol it reminds me of that trailer girl off my name is earl 😂

I used to drive a clio sport with a rediciloulsy loud exhaust, apparantly that was too chavvy :/ so I got a new car now lol 🚙💨 which could probably pass for chavvy too but tuff lol, and I love my trackie bottoms 😜😱 oh...my...god... I'm a chav! 😂😂

Oh god you are 🙈 😂

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I always wear trackie bottoms unless i'm going to college or going to do someones hair😂 they're comfy... Who gives a s*** why should you be judged negatively on what you wear, people shouldn't be bothered they don't have to wear it.

EMBRACE THE TRACKIES

Latest posts

Back