gauze pads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltongue

Reaction score
Hi, not posted anything for awhile as I've been really fed up with the nails I'm producing so gave myself a break. Any how I am still having awful problems with lifting but have recently bought lint free pads to scrubfresh and not gauze lint free pads do you think this may be my problem. I don't like the lint free pads as they leave bits on the nail when I scrub. I will go back to using the gauze pads when I can find time to go buy some but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem.

what product do you use?

I use creative scrubfresh.

Whats your prep procedure?

Amanda

I think my prep is ok, I use cuticle remover, my pushee and chisel then scrubfresh.

Hi there

I use Handsdown Ultra Nail Pads when Scrubfreshing, they leave absolutely nothing behind on the nail plate and they have a handy little tab that you can lift up to hold the pad and a plasticy backing so no product can seep through and ruin your polished nails.

HTH
xx

hi chick, try cuticle remover, then remove it with citrusoak first before you scrubfrsh, and make sure you scrubfresh for around 5 seconds, also (something i used to do) was scrubfreshing then leaning on the clean nail without even realising which can lead to lifting. HTH x

I use the lint free pads with no problems with scrubfresh.
x

I love the 'nail techs choice' gauze pads. The gauze gives a slightly rough texture to the pad that really 'squeaks' the nail plate better in my opinion than anything else. No bits left behind either. :biggrin:

have a look through geegs tutorials on application etc. the problem maybe with zone 3 being a bit thick, not flush maybe? are you leaving a tiny free margin around the cuticle and sidewalls? i found out of everything this was the hardest thing for me to master, even now im still perfecting it. i love my guaze swabs, they're the cheapest thing to use,too.

Hi,
Gotta make sure that once you have finished with the cuticle remover that you remover it from the nail plate, and surrounding area with either citrus soak mixed with water, as stated by elfprincessem, or I just use a cotton ball with water and make sure I really get into the corners etc to remover any cuticle remover. HTH

Charlyc25 said:
Hi there

I use Handsdown Ultra Nail Pads when Scrubfreshing, they leave absolutely nothing behind on the nail plate and they have a handy little tab that you can lift up to hold the pad and a plasticy backing so no product can seep through and ruin your polished nails.

HTH
xx

I use the Hands down Pads too and have found that Beuty Express have them at a really good price....£8.75 + vat for 250 pads, much cheaper than anywhere else I have found....unless one of you has a better price?:|

I also love the gauze swabs (not really gauze thow, it's a non-woven fabric) it's very cheap and does not desintegrateby scrubing, they are also very thin, so they don't absorb that much liquid so i end up saving 2 ways.

Latest posts

Back