Geek getting married needs makeup advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I am getting married in October and although I am a trained MUA, I have very hooded eyes (Im 25 and my eyes are that of an 80year old, saggy) and I cant find a decent eyeliner that will stay on. I can prime and powder well enough so that it doesn't crease on my actual lid (thank goodness for MAC paintpots!!), but the outer corner of my eye, the second im outside if theres a hint of wind or sun I get watery and the tears makes my makeup run down my face and then as it dries it comes off and I have a circle of no makeup next to my eyes.

I really want to wear a very delicate cat eye style eyeliner as it makes my eyes look good, preferably liquid or gel. Ive even tried waterproof eyeliner to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Or any other ideas for hooded lids? Just SO lucKy that I havent yet had a client that has the same eyes as me!!

I just hope that I dont cry on my wedding day as it could just be so much worse than usual!

Have you tried macs liquid last liner? I wear this everyday and it is a bugger to get off at night!! I have to use an oil based removed to get it off or I end up with very sore eyes! I love it because you don't get that half circle above your eye where it's rested and it stays true black all day, unlike some that turn into a grey/chalk colour. I'd definetly try this if you havnt, don't think it's to pricey either xx

I was also going to suggest MAC Liquidlast, it really does not budge! Have you tried Illamasqua Sealing Gel as well? Use that with their cake liner and it becomes waterproof (I know you said you've tried waterproof liners but just checking if you have tried these ones as I find them the longest lasting, my eyes can also be quite difficult!).

I was going to suggest the mac one as well.
I have one eye that weeps all the time and as said above the mac will not budge it's fab.

L'oreal black lacquer really sticks. It's hard to remove even with make up remover. It's a liquid liner.

Bobbi Brown gel liners are amazing. They apply beautifully with the liner brush and lasts all day x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou all for your tips!! I LOVE MAC products so I will definately try that one...surely with my paintpot aswell it couldnt go anywhere for sure!!

Will bear the others in mind too thanks geeks!! xx

Thankyou all for your tips!! I LOVE MAC products so I will definately try that one...surely with my paintpot aswell it couldnt go anywhere for sure!!

Will bear the others in mind too thanks geeks!! xx

MAC Paintpots actually crease on me. Give the Nars Pro Prime a go, it's the best eye primer I have found. That with MAC Liquidlast over the top and your liner isn't going anywhere! Have a go and let us know how you get on x

Try dalton from qvc, it's an american brand and trust me when I say it doresnt budge !! Even the next day if ou don't remove it it's still there, it's in a pot definitely best one I've ever used

Instead of fully lining the lips, draw a sideways- v shape on each outer corner. this makes the lips look fuller and more natural than overall lining.

Applying bottom mascara and eye liner can age the appearance of the face and make it look harsh.

Applying mascara only on the outer upper corners of the lash line, lifts the eye and makes it look more open, in addition to very natural.

Applying blush/bronzer closer to the centre of face, makes the face look longer and slimmer. applying bronzer/blush near the ears and away from the nose/centre makes the face look wider.

Dusting light powder down the bridge of the nose makes it look thinner. applying a darker colour at the tip of the nose makes it appear shorter.

Instead of fully lining the lips, draw a sideways- v shape on each outer corner. this makes the lips look fuller and more natural than overall lining.

Applying bottom mascara and eye liner can age the appearance of the face and make it look harsh.

Applying mascara only on the outer upper corners of the lash line, lifts the eye and makes it look more open, in addition to very natural.

Applying blush/bronzer closer to the centre of face, makes the face look longer and slimmer. applying bronzer/blush near the ears and away from the nose/centre makes the face look wider.

Dusting light powder down the bridge of the nose makes it look thinner. applying a darker colour at the tip of the nose makes it appear shorter.

Not sure how any of this will help her liner stay on?!

Maby try shelac by benefit? You could get one of the consultants to apply in a department store and see how it lasts.
It's basically a liquid that you brush over your makeup and it sets and seals it.

Latest posts

Back