Caci geeks need some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyGillo

Reaction score
Hi all I've been doing Caci treatments for 14 yrs and I have a loyal client base having regular maintenance treatments.
Some of my clients pay for a course of treatments for the maintenance as it works out cheaper. Last Fri a regular lady who
has had this treatment with me for 8 yrs came in and it was time to pay for a new course she had her treatment and handed
over her money cash in a sealed envelope because i know her well I didn't count the money in front of her and she left.
Well you've guessed it the money was ten pounds short I rang her as soon as I could and left a mesg she didn't get to me until the
following day and apologised and said it was her mistake and she would sort it out next month. Tonight she has sent me a txt mesg
saying that she has got a swollen right eye and it has been since her treatment on fri. I asked her to send a pic and she said she
doesn't know how to so she is coming in tomorrow for me to have a look. Im a bit baffled as to why she didn't mention the eye on Sat and why she has left it till now and also in 14 yrs of doing Caci and her having it for 8 this has never happened. She does go quite red on the quick stroke part of the treatment but I always use a Guinot soothing moisturiser for sensitive skin in the feathering.
I don't think the Caci could of caused the puffy eye but Im interested to see if anyone has a view on the situation and how i should be diplomatic in dealing with her.

Hi all I've been doing Caci treatments for 14 yrs and I have a loyal client base having regular maintenance treatments.
Some of my clients pay for a course of treatments for the maintenance as it works out cheaper. Last Fri a regular lady who
has had this treatment with me for 8 yrs came in and it was time to pay for a new course she had her treatment and handed
over her money cash in a sealed envelope because i know her well I didn't count the money in front of her and she left.
Well you've guessed it the money was ten pounds short I rang her as soon as I could and left a mesg she didn't get to me until the
following day and apologised and said it was her mistake and she would sort it out next month. Tonight she has sent me a txt mesg
saying that she has got a swollen right eye and it has been since her treatment on fri. I asked her to send a pic and she said she
doesn't know how to so she is coming in tomorrow for me to have a look. Im a bit baffled as to why she didn't mention the eye on Sat and why she has left it till now and also in 14 yrs of doing Caci and her having it for 8 this has never happened. She does go quite red on the quick stroke part of the treatment but I always use a Guinot soothing moisturiser for sensitive skin in the feathering.
I don't think the Caci could of caused the puffy eye but Im interested to see if anyone has a view on the situation and how i should be diplomatic in dealing with her.

My view is the CACI treatment isn't to blame here unless she has changed/started any medication that she has failed to disclose. A red puffy eye can be caused by absolutely anything, best bet is to suggest going to the doctors..... as for the £10 I wouldn't have even mentioned it - considering you have serviced her for 8 years and the money she has spent with you....I'd class it as a "Oh well my fault for not counting it in front of her" but I guess probably not many will agree with me on that.... :)

My view is the CACI treatment isn't to blame here unless she has changed/started any medication that she has failed to disclose. A red puffy eye can be caused by absolutely anything, best bet is to suggest going to the doctors..... as for the £10 I wouldn't have even mentioned it - considering you have serviced her for 8 years and the money she has spent with you....I'd class it as a "Oh well my fault for not counting it in front of her" but I guess probably not many will agree with me on that.... :)

Hi I did consider not telling her she was short by the ten pounds but I reconsidered in case there was a discrepancy next time she was due to pay. As it happened she did actually think she had paid the correct amount she had that price in her mind not the true amount so next time it could of got a bit awkward explaining the whole situation. I am very reasonable in my Caci prices because my machine has well been paid for and the clients are so loyal and the other salon in my area is a very upmarket spa and they charge a lot more for Caci. Any way it is a lesson learnt not to count the money in front of the client. Thanks for the reassurance on the treatment as I said Ive never known it to have caused any type of reaction before.

No idea about the eye, but I would always count the money - just a joke of 'I'll just check this - I know what you lot can be like' (which is my humour and my clients are used to) or anything!

There seems to be a general embarrassment about cash. I stand in the super market saying 'is that right' when I'm paying for a bag of apples (okay I don't eat apples - it's a butterscotch yum yum). I wait for the ok from the assistant before I leave.

What a shame this has happened. Please don't think she's pulling a fast one, as it all may be genuine, but I'd definitely have a look and refer her to a docs if need be.
Let us know how it goes,

Vicki x

No idea about the eye, but I would always count the money - just a joke of 'I'll just check this - I know what you lot can be like' (which is my humour and my clients are used to) or anything!

There seems to be a general embarrassment about cash. I stand in the super market saying 'is that right' when I'm paying for a bag of apples (okay I don't eat apples - it's a butterscotch yum yum). I wait for the ok from the assistant before I leave.

What a shame this has happened. Please don't think she's pulling a fast one, as it all may be genuine, but I'd definitely have a look and refer her to a docs if need be.
Let us know how it goes,

Vicki x

Will do thanks x

Hi all was ok with her eye it was a bit of fluid retention! She said she noticed it on Sat night and her husband did as well and assumed it had been from the treatment. I delved a bit and asked what side she slept on and it was the right eye and I said had she not had it before and she also told me she had been using the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream right up to and around the eye. I did the just the eye movements with the Caci machine and it did make a difference dispersing some of the puffiness and it looked better. She left happy and said she was going to lay off the 8 hour cream. She also paid the difference and gave me a big hug :) x

Hi all was ok with her eye it was a bit of fluid retention! She said she noticed it on Sat night and her husband did as well and assumed it had been from the treatment. I delved a bit and asked what side she slept on and it was the right eye and I said had she not had it before and she also told me she had been using the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream right up to and around the eye. I did the just the eye movements with the Caci machine and it did make a difference dispersing some of the puffiness and it looked better. She left happy and said she was going to lay off the 8 hour cream. She also paid the difference and gave me a big hug :) x

How lovely!
Thanks for letting us know x

Latest posts

Back