Geekbay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
Hi!

Just to say I've marked my 'listings' in Geekbay as sold for the moment because there seems to be some kind of problem with the mail over here - things have been taking 2 - 3 weeks to be delivered to me from the UK to Ireland and it appears the same is happening with items I am sending out to the UK! :evil: Usually it's only 3 to 4 days at the most.

So for anyone who has bought something from me off Geekbay and is yet to receive it, sorry about this, but can you give it a couple of weeks after payment has been received please? Thanks.

They're talking about Industrial Action here (Post Office) so that could have something to do with it, but I've decided best not to send anything else to the UK until after Christmas now as I can only imagine the delays getting worse with the Christmas Post.

Thanks guys!
Jackie.

Jackie,
It's not just in Ireland, the post within the UK is rubbish at the moment!

I send my friend a get well soon card and she got it 3 weeks later! I'm still waiting for bits i've brought and am fed up with it!

I used to get the post at 8am sharp every morning, now it comes about 3 times a week and at around 2pm!

Talking of which did you ever get the paint i sent you?

i've got to agree about royal mail lately.......i never used to have a problem with them and i did think they were very reliable but recently things have gone right down hill :irked: i think its since they stopped doing 2 deliveries a day and changed it to one.....the other problem i find just now is that i am getting mail delivered late and the mail is stamped with no previous access on it which is rubbish because as you know i am not too mobile just now and i am in most of the time and i would hear my buzzer being pressed to allow the postie access into the close...........i put it down to the postmen wanting to finish their shifts early :mad:

Thank goodness it's not just me! I was getting a little paranoid! :Scared:

Planet-Nails said:
Jackie,

Talking of which did you ever get the paint i sent you?

Hi Taz! No, I never did get it, I just put it down to it slipping your mind and didn't like to pester as you were offering a freebie!! *LOL* Did you send it to the Ireland or UK address? Some piggin' postie somewhere is off sniffing my lovely scented airbrush paints!! :evil:

the post where I live is awfull these days too

I've had........
- a cheque someone sent me in July (confirmed by the postmark) arrive in late October
- recorded deliver letters put thought he door marked "signed on your behalf" by the postman
- they wont ring the bell & our dog starts barking before they start to knock, which they only do the once so often we dont hear them
- when they do knock loud enough that we can hear they won't wait more than a second & are often getting back in the van as I am opening the door then I have to wait four hours before I can go and collect the stuff from the sorting office, which is in the busiest part of town on a nightmare road with hardly anywhere to park
- and just to add insult to injury, I know I dont get all the post that is sent to me I but do get post for the local bulders merchant ............ they have a great big yard & look like a builders merchant & we have a tiny little terrace house ........... I can see how they would be confused :lol:

the whole post system is just pants!!

Latest posts

Back