Geeks I need your help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bubbling can be caused by apply the gel too thick, if you don't think the colours strong enough apply 3 thin coats opposed to 2 thick

Personally I'd hold off buying a new lamp just yet, surely the polish would just run off if it isn't cured enough?
I use an eBay cheapie lamp with geleration and had no problems

thank you for all the advice geeks, i think im going to go back to the drawing board and invest in the correct lamp as this seems like the most obvious thing for me to do. I know its not my application so it has to be my lamp...

thank you geeks i will keep you all posted..

geeks rule

Hun, it may be your lamp but it is definately your curing times. You can't just cut them in half as gel looks/feels fully cured when it is only 60% cured and leaving your clients exposed to uncured product can lead to all sorts of problems, service breakdown being the least of them. You do not want your clients to develop allergies! Be sure to read the two sticky threads on uv products at the top of the nail forum. Xx

thank you - even though im a newbie to gels clients think we know everything but in actual fact your learning everyday and sometimes the way your taught isn't always the best...
everybodys thoughts and opinions have been truly helpful and have put my mind at ease...
thank you. x :) x

cleanse the nail as normal sanitise and wipe over with wipe soaked in acetone (lint free wipes) cuticle work (push back) remove the surface shine with block, brush away any excess then wioe over againg with wipe and acetone then dehydrate (ph bond)

I would assume its your acetone hon!! you can use acetone to remove gelish so if there's acetone on the nail plate it will be fighting your product while you are applying xx

I was going to say the same re the acetone. Acetone is for removing the Gelish, instead you should use the cleanse before applying the PH Bond. This would almost certainly make a difference xx

Personally I'd hold off buying a new lamp just yet, surely the polish would just run off if it isn't cured enough?
I use an eBay cheapie lamp with geleration and had no problems

No, the polish gets hard when it's only 50-55% cured (see attached Doug Schoon article). There is no easily accessible way to determine whether it's properly cured which is why using the correct lamp is critical. I would be very concerned about a pro using an "eBay cheapie lamp." While the problem may well be her timings not her lamp, her first step ought to be making sure her lamp is compatible with Gelish.

http://www.schoonscientific.com/downloads/tech-articles/article-7-Secrets-to-Curing.pdf

Edited - I don't mean to make that sound like an attack on you, but I don't know how to express my concern another way.

Last edited:
No offence taken, I'm open for constructive criticism ;)

I have just read the 7 secrets to curing. Brilliant article and one that I shall keep for reference. Thanks for the link.:)

Latest posts

Back