Gel/acrylic thickness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello all, I am here yet again searching for answers, my issue today is this, while i was training i was taught that gel and l&p nails need to have a certain thickness because if we make them too thin they wont last and they will break, so today one of the girls i trained together with went to a seminar and there she was told the opposite, that thick gel nails will break easily and they need to do them thinner, so now i do not know what to believe, my teacher? or the new info from the seminar? Thanks in advance for all the answers.

I believe it's both , you can have them too thin or too thick, they will snap or break in many ways,

I was told the thickness needs to be the same thickness as a credit card,

Our teacher in training had us make them thicker than a credit card, i know most people do not want them very thick but using my every day logic i believe a thin nail will be easier to break rather then a thick one, i guess the only way to make sure by my self is to try it out.

The apex of the nail should have a nice arch this is the stress area it should be a little thicker than the free edge.the free edge should taper down to a natural looking thickness the free edge should have a thin layer over it.when I do my nails my frr edge is very thin but my apex is a bit higher so it looks like a natural nail x

Latest posts

Back