Gel extension with tips help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlyhewes

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm just wondering if I can get some help with gel extension. I just did a 1 day course in them and now feel like they left a lot of questions un answered:/ I was just wondering how many infills are recommended before doing a full set again. I was told that you never have to do a full set again because you are constantly infilling but surely the tip will grow out? Or if it's still hanging on the tip of your nail couldn't it easier break off? So would you just repair nails as and when they need doing as apposed to just doing a complete full set?

No need to do a full set as said, at some point the tips will be virtually grown out, for that rebalance appointment I would go slightly shorter and take the length down enough to remove all traces of the tip. Yes they will be slightly more vulnerable up to that point but if you've structured your stress apex correctly it will help to a degree

Thanks for getting back to me:) what abouts clients with short nails or nails that don't grow much?

Thanks for getting back to me:) what abouts clients with short nails or nails that don't grow much?

Same theory - I'm not sure I understand the question. If they are short extensions then keep them short, if the tip breaks off before rebalance time then they'll need a repair or shorten them all down to a natural nail overlay. If they don't grow much they won't need rebalancing as often but still the same process

Latest posts

Back