Gel II or CND Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daicy1

Reaction score
Hi ladies please can you tell me the difference between shellac and gel 2 . The price comparison and the amount of colour choices. Do you offer both in your salons or stick to one and do you charge the same price for both . Thanks .

Hi ladies please can you tell me the difference between shellac and gel 2 . The price comparison and the amount of colour choices. Do you offer both in your salons or stick to one and do you charge the same price for both . Thanks .

Shellac is a power polish which combines the staying power of gel with the ease of application of a polish. It's currently only cured in a UV lamp. The bottles are 7.3ml

Gel II requires no base coat, doesn't contain 5 of the most commonly used solvents. It's infused with Micronised calcium, vitamins B5 and D which leaves the nail not only looking better but feeling stronger. It's the thinnest gel polish on the market but extremely strong. It boasts over 170 colours including the Reactions range which are temperature controlled. The bottles are 14ml and it's both UV and LED cureable. It's priced the same as shellac but the bottles are bigger.

Lots of techs are running both alongside each other very successfully and are charging the same for both.

Steph xx

I think that just about covers it! ^^^^

I run them along side each other but am charging more for gel ll. It lasts longer and my clients are loving it.

We did an intro offer through January and many clients who never had their nails done (me included) are hooked and returning fortnightly!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you only interested in these two for a reason? I do a lot of shellac, but recently I've tried London ink ilac, and I love it, they do some lovely super brights and I find the removal better than shellac! It's a hybrid polish too.

Thanks ladies for your feedback. I've been using cnd shellac for 2 years and to be honest getting a bit bored of the colours they are bringing out . Saw lots of people talking about gel 2 and was interested in how it compared. Think clients like a bit of a change to . Will defo have a look at this range . Thank you .

Latest posts

Back