Gel nail course direction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie44

Reaction score
I am trained in natural nails and currently only use cnd shellac and harmony gelish polishes. I would really like to add a gel overlay system to offer some of clients that struggle with weak nails a little more strength. I had initially considered biosculpture but as I do so much shellac thought may be brisa lite would be better and I would not need to get a whole new set of colours. Nail harmony is also an option but not sure they have the removable gels like brisa lite. On enquiring with cnd ( sweet squared) I was advised that I could do the brisa lite smoothing gel course and the build it (with Bria's lite sculpting gel) course without a gel qualification but if I wanted to do the brisa lite removable gel course I would need a gel qualification either with cnd or another provider. I am a bit confused as to where to start. Should I may be look at doing gel training on a more cost effective course (eg biosculpt or Sally's)and then go and do the brisa lite removable With cnd after? I'm not particularly interested in doing hard gels so am having trouble justifying such high course costs with cnd first. I am feeling punch drunk with all the options and would hugely appreciate any advise or guidance anyone can offer.
Thanks heaps.xx

If you just planning to use the brisa lite sculpting gel for helping mend a broken nail, add a little length to a nail so can match if hers or as a overlay then I'd go with the course with CND. It does teach you enough to do these services for your clients and doesn't give you a enhancement qualification but does give you the training to do these things on natural nails.

If you do want to train and do extensions then I'd do training with CND using brisa then use the brisa lite e sculpting gel for some clients and you'd have the training and knowledge to use brisa as and when required and do longer enhancements

Thank you for your advise. yes really only plan to use it to add strength to natural nails and repair the odd break for a special occasion. A friend who is trained in it said she would teach me but I'm a bit old fashioned and would feel better doing an official course.

If you are wanting to use CND products do their training.
I use & love Bio but I do think you would end up spending a lot of money doing the course & buying the kit, gels etc. id be VERY surprised to hear the bio course is cheap. If CND just do a gel course go with that as you have the lamp, prep products, & shellac colours already so you wont need to add too much on after the training.

As for Sallys training I wouldn't waste your money.

Xx

Latest posts

Back