Gel nails extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayM

Reaction score
Hey, just done day 1 of my gel extension course. Really found it frustrating and hard! The tutor said that it is normal to find it difficult.

Any tips?! Am going to practice! Should I buy one of those practice hands?

What systems do you recommend?! Also do you buy square and almond tips

Xxx

Last edited:
Oh don't worry, I'm training and I'm still not good with my gel enhancements. It's all practice, practice, practice. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention a website on here, remove if its not ok... Are you a member of Nail Angel? There's some really good educational videos on there with a whole section on them which I've found helpful. They have some Gemma Lambert videos and she's really good. It's free to join too. Beware of watching YouTube videos, that they are professionals as allot on there aren't professionals and are "self taught" x

It beats me why people think they're going to breeze through a days training and be able to do nails standing on their head ... :). It might look easy but that's the point. Plastering the walls looked easy when the plasterer did it but it doesn't mean I can do it lol

The harder it is to grasp, the more worthwhile it is to do x

I recommend you get a nail trainer or flexihand, I personally own a flexihand and prefer it over the nail trainer but it's personal preference, I still use it today and I was trained 11 years ago it's all about practice practice practice. <3

Thanks for all the replies! Had a busy busy week and this is first time I've looked! Thanks for the tips! I've not used forms. Will ask about that! X

It beats me why people think they're going to breeze through a days training and be able to do nails standing on their head ... :). It might look easy but that's the point. Plastering the walls looked easy when the plasterer did it but it doesn't mean I can do it lol

The harder it is to grasp, the more worthwhile it is to do x

Oh I knew it wouldn't be easy! But didn't know if find it as hard as I do if that makes sense! I felt really clumsy and heavy handed! X

Latest posts

Back