Gel or acrylic ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owenson22

Reaction score
I have no idea what is better! Am a hairdresser so need advice what's going to last best ? Not only with my job but I am very clumsy with nails, also I bite my nails so they are short! Please help!!!

As you are a nail biter and heavy on your nails AND a hairdresser :rolleyes: then you would be best suited to L&P acrylic nail enhancements.

I would check out a few nail techs though, and see if you can find one that can extend your nailbeds (not everyone can) if you are not too far from Edinburgh then I can recommend Nataliyah at NStyle who is a fabulous nail tech.

Hi i would go for acrylic every time, if you are a nail bitter go to a nail tech that can offer to sculp your nails for you! these will look great and really natural. if you have a tip stuck onto a short nail your nail bed will look short and not very nice, hope this helps :) x

Hi am wondering what is best ... As I am a hairdresser so hands are always in water, I am also bite my nails so they are really small. I just want nice nails that arent too damaging ?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly just want to say neither gel acrylic or l&p acrylic will harm your nails if done right and removed correctly by a good qualified tech

If it was me I would probably (obviously would need to check nails and hear about your general lifestyle, health etc) advise l&p but that's only a guess as so many things to ask, s really you would need to go to a good salon or mobile tech, maybe ask here for one near you. :)

Just too add this maybe better in consumer queries

Thanks this is probs a really stupid question but where on the app can I find consumer inquires ?? Thanks

Thanks this is probs a really stupid question but where on the app can I find consumer inquires ?? Thanks

I'm not sure sorry :o

I'm sure someone will move it to the correct bit :)

Latest posts

Back