Gel overlay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
One of my eyelash clients has acrylic nails, which she has elsewhere, I don't do nail enhancements. She is booked in with me next week for her lash infills and had asked me to put Shellac over her acrylic, which is fine.
She has messaged me this morning saying that 'the last girl has made a right mess of my nails, so think I'm going to file them off, do could you do me a gel overlay?'
Now, I know nothing about acrylic nails. Should I advise her to return to the previous technician and have them soaked off, instead of filing them off herself? Can they even be soaked off?
With regards to a gel overlay, does she mean have a strengthening gel applied before the Shellac? I do Brisa Light Smoothing gel. Would that be ok? How bad could her nails be once she's got rid of her acrylic?
Thanks in advance x

Anybody with advice, please? thanks x

If they are acrylic she will be there for ever trying to file them off. She should get them soaked off professionally to avoid nail damage. In regards to the brisa lite gel overlays I can't answer as I've never used brisa lite but if it's just a builder gel then I should imagine you can use that for natural overlays. X

Latest posts

Back