Gel polish brand/colours to start out with?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjosullivan

Reaction score
Hi all!

I know this is a popular post/question so sorry for the repetition!

I've been in the beauty industry for a few years now and have just started my nail course. I want to buy a gel polish kit but am feeling slightly overwhelmed. I've used and loved Jessica GELeration in the spa I work at, and love the formula and colours but there's no way I can afford it :( So what would people recommend? My teacher swears by ibd Just Gel but I'm not a huge fan of the colours, I like really crisp bright colours and find them a bit wishy washy.

Would really appreciate people's recommendations as to what brand I should look to buy and the sort of colours I should get just to start off with, around 10/20 maybe just as a starter? (Also I want to steer clear of Shellac I think due to durability) I have an Orly LED lamp which came with my college kit.

Thank you! Hannah

Last edited:
Hi all!

I know this is a popular post/question so sorry for the repetition!

I've been in the beauty industry for a few years now and have just started my nail course. I want to buy a gel polish kit but am feeling slightly overwhelmed. I've used and loved Jessica GELeration in the spa I work at, and love the formula and colours but there's no way I can afford it :( So what would people recommend? My teacher swears by ibd Just Gel but I'm not a huge fan of the colours, I like really crisp bright colours and find them a bit wishy washy.

Would really appreciate people's recommendations as to what brand I should look to buy and the sort of colours I should get just to start off with, around 10/20 maybe just as a starter? (Also I want to steer clear of Shellac I think due to durability) I have an Orly LED lamp which came with my college kit.

Thank you! Hannah
I use gelish but seriously considering ink london judging by the price and good reviews. Really inexpensive, have a look on their website

I definitely recommend ink london ilac, they're beautiful to work with last well and price is excellent...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back