Gel polish coming off small toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire3

Reaction score
I am hoping some of you ladies out there can help me.

I've been a fully qualified beauty therapist since May. Recently when painting gel polish onto one of my client's toenails, the gel has been coming off quite quickly. It doesnt seem to be all the nails, it just tends to be one now and then. Her toenails are really small (sometimes hardly any nail there). Could this be why they are coming off so quickly? She tends to wear flip flops most of the time so not sure if its because her toes are more exposed?

I hope someone can help :)

Claire :)

Hmm mine stays on forever! Could it be there is still cuticle or something on that toe? No capped all the way?

Maybe when she's not wearing flip flops it could be shoes rubbing the little one if its squashed? Providing you're prepping well, no skin or oil left on the nail and curing properly then it can't be what you're doing wrong- just annoying!

Sometimes I have a problem with curing some clients toes as they're either wonky, or curled- I just make sure I keep the layers thin and cure it a couple of times.
If it's a case of there not being any nail there at all then the gel won't last on skin so you're right- this could also be the problem. Xx

I double checked the cuticle and it was definitely all off. She does wear these socks at night when she's sleeping so I wondered if it was that. Her toe nails are really small, and curled like uv said Rosie so it could be that. I went back and did the one that had come off again I have been prepping the nail and made sure no oil on it so I know it's not that. Thanks for both your responses, hopefully this time they stay on xx

Could it be the lamp position and that the side toes aren't quite curing fully?

That could be the reason. I never thought on that. Thanks, I'll have a look at that when I do them next time [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back