Gel polish nails and curing lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Hi. Please let me know if this is cheeky.

But, my friend has had a mutual friend do her nails for the past few years badly.
So my friend has managed to politely ask her to stop.

However, my friend still wants gel polish and can't really afford to go to a salon so was considering spending out (to then save money). She wants to buy a curing light. But obviously spend as little as possible because it's just for her.
But I've heard that different brands of polish need different uv lights. Can anyone recommend any curing lights and let me know if this is right? Thanks.

If her friend did it for years and managed to ruin her nails I'd think that she will continue to ruin her nails by doing them herself without training

She didn't ruin her nails. But. They wouldn't last for more than a few days.
Which was annoying for her considering she was paying.
I don't think she'd mind so much if they chip or whatever if she could touch them up/redo them herself.

I know your trying to help a mate but you've been here a while now and you know how it goes with helping non pros, I wouldn't expect you to give my mate advice on hair colour products so I really don't think anyone's gonna give advice sorry

If I was your friend I'd maybe go to an alternative tech to have a quality treatment done. It's not advisable to DIY.

Find a salon/mobile therapist that's qualified and insured.

If her nails are in a bad way she will need to purchase some cuticle oil and a good hand cream. That alone will make a lot of difference to her nails.

Maybe advise of your friends location and one of the geeks here might be able to do her nails. HTH x

Latest posts

Back