Gel polish on friend's child

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerfi

Reaction score
One if the school mums I know and am friends with on Facebook has asked me to do her gel polish on her fingers and toes (she will pay me). Obviously I agreed and said I would come round to hers. She replied saying her daughter would love to play with my kids so why didn't she bring her round to play with my two while I did her nails... Not being able to think of an excuse I agreed, although last thing I want on a Friday is my kids and am extra child running wild messing up the house.
Today the lady has asked if I can also gel polish her daughter too who is 7.
I have never done gel polish on a child before... Is it recommended? If I were doing it I would avoid buffing and cuticle removal but even so, kids nails are so delicate...
I don't want to look like a stick in the mud for refusing especially as I'm considering saying my kids are staying at their dads so I may as well come to her house.
What do you think? I use nsi polish pro xxx

Just tell her that your insurance wont cover you. Its really not a good idea to apply a gel polish to a child's nails. You could maybe suggest polishing them instead?

One if the school mums I know and am friends with on Facebook has asked me to do her gel polish on her fingers and toes (she will pay me). Obviously I agreed and said I would come round to hers. She replied saying her daughter would love to play with my kids so why didn't she bring her round to play with my two while I did her nails... Not being able to think of an excuse I agreed, although last thing I want on a Friday is my kids and am extra child running wild messing up the house.
I have never done gel polish on a child before... Is it recommended? If I were doing it I would avoid buffing and cuticle removal but even so, kids nails are so delicate...
I don't want to look like a stick in the mud for refusing especially as I'm considering saying my kids are staying at their dads so I may as well come to her house.

The manufacturers' instructions on gel polishes and the NMC/PBA say that enhancements, including gel polishes, should not be used on children. And it is unlikely that your insurance will cover you. But there are lot of other things you can do for the child - Vinylux or rnp that matches her mom's mani maybe. Or glitter! I would say no and explain why (the health and safety of her daughter), but offer her some really great alternatives.

Use normal nail polish instead and tell her you are not insured to use a product on a minor.

Also it's rude of her to expect to bring her child (even if you have children of your own).

Thanks! I agree she is rude expecting to bring her child to my house. She is known in our circle of friends for being a bit cheeky and not minding putting people out. She once turned up at another friend's house for a play date with her daughter's pajamas expecting a sleepover ha ha!

I will tell her I can come and do the treatment at her house and offer vinylux as an alternative for her daughter.

Latest posts

Back