Gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitasnail

Reaction score
Has anyone been having problems with gelish wrinkling or not covering the entire nail? I only use this brand but lately it's been letting me down. Any recommendations for a different brand? Help! [emoji45]

What lamp are you using?

Are you applying your colour coats super thin?

Also thoroughly prepping the nails prior to application and removing any cuticle remover/surface oil/moisture?
x

What lamp are you using?

Are you applying your colour coats super thin?

Also thoroughly prepping the nails prior to application and removing any cuticle remover/surface oil/moisture?
x

I'm using an opi lamp. I know I for sure thoroughly preped the nail[emoji848]
I wouldn't say super thin. Maybe I'll try that. But the polish was also very thick coming out of a brand new bottle and I did shake it for a while.

Has anyone been having problems with gelish wrinkling or not covering the entire nail? I only use this brand but lately it's been letting me down. Any recommendations for a different brand? Help! [emoji45]
Hi i used to work with OPI however i had same problem it used to shrink during curing and it was very runny,i have discovered I M Pro Gel ,my friend recommend it to me,they only do gel polishes but i must say that it s really good.amazing coverage in 1-2 coats and never shrinks.

I use ibd, I know the darker colours are more prone to shrinking if they are not applied super thin. I haven’t had any problems except for one of my polishes which was a really dark brown. It would shrink literally at the last minute despite my best efforts. In the end I just threw it in the bin x

If you apply too think it can do wrinkle.

Nadia000 OPI has fixed the majority of shrinkage problems. The older colors have the issues usually the dark colors

If you apply too think it can do wrinkle.

Nadia000 OPI has fixed the majority of shrinkage problems. The older colors have the issues usually the dark colors

Yes I had issues with a few dark opi colors I bought to try

Hi i used to work with OPI however i had same problem it used to shrink during curing and it was very runny,i have discovered I M Pro Gel ,my friend recommend it to me,they only do gel polishes but i must say that it s really good.amazing coverage in 1-2 coats and never shrinks.

Hi thank you for the info. Where can I find I M pro gel? I'm willing to try anything that works.

Having been a loyal Gelish user for many years, I have now changed to The Gel Bottle Inc. Wow! I wouldn't ever go back. No shrinking, no lifting, removal is a dream and my clients nails are in much better condition than ever before. No fading either... which is a huge bonus!

Having been a loyal Gelish user for many years, I have now changed to The Gel Bottle Inc. Wow! I wouldn't ever go back. No shrinking, no lifting, removal is a dream and my clients nails are in much better condition than ever before. No fading either... which is a huge bonus!

Thank you I'll give that a try. I was a hardcore gelish girl but I've been having so many issues lately that I've never had before it's changing my mind.

How do you remove it. I use shellac and some clients don't get the full 2 weeks so looking into adding gel bottle for clients who can't keep it on. Is there a difference between the polishes and the builder in a bottle? X

Hii I’ve been using gelish, now I’ve also ordered TGB colours, do you recommend usuing there base and top or to stick with gelish for that? I know other techs that have stuck with gelish base but I’m just wondering if TGB lasts?x

Latest posts

Back