Gel polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 114723

Dream big & aim high!
Reaction score
Ok, I've used IBD and had trouble with the darker colours peeling. Gelish, mostly fine but a few faders, so I tried Bluesky and had nil problems whatsoever clients coming back after 4 weeks with growth and that's it, on natural and enhancements.
BUT I don't really want to use Bluesky as my gel polish in my new salon because of it's poor reputation and freely available to anyone on eBay.

So, recommendations please for a gel polish that dark colours fully cure and I don't get annoyed clients in a week later. No colours that fade. Removes easily. Has a wide range of colours and if you can buy them in sets all the better.

I'm also quite happy to take the brand specific training if it's available near Redditch West Midlands.

Curing's no problem (or shouldn't be) I'm highly leaning to the CN lamp and removing the top two UV lamps and replacing with two LED strips. (Purely because most gel polish are LED curable and saves time, but NSI glaze and go is my acrylic topcoat of choice, some say it cures in LED but I'm taking no chances until I here this direct from NSI)

Please positive responses, I know Bluesky is like devil craft on here, but I gave it a go purely because I was sick of paying for a colour and it not performing how I would expect something of that price to. My salon back in Devon was a cheap and cheerful effort, now we've moved I want my new salon to be a classy cheerful effort!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an ibd user and found that as long as I paint dark colours in very thin coats (black lava best in 3 thin coats) then I have no problem with peeling. To be fair all colours need thin coats to ensure a good even cure but especially the dark ones I guess because of their opaqueness. Have you tried that?
I love ibd, although it can be a bit of a pain to remove at times. They're colour range and lasting power makes it worthwhile in my opinion x

I'm an ibd user and found that as long as I paint dark colours in very thin coats (black lava best in 3 thin coats) then I have no problem with peeling. To be fair all colours need thin coats to ensure a good even cure but especially the dark ones I guess because of their opaqueness. Have you tried that?
I love ibd, although it can be a bit of a pain to remove at times. They're colour range and lasting power makes it worthwhile in my opinion x
I must admit their colour range is fab, did you do your training with IBD and use there lamp? I don't think my universal gel polish course was all that tbh hence wanting to train with a company. I'm such a ditz though, I'm tempted to go for Crystal Nails coz their pink UV/LED combo lamp is beautiful lol. Serious though, I wanna go for the best Gel Polish x

Yes I trained with ibd but it's impossible to get hold of an ibd led lamp, apart from their 'little pink one' which I just don't think looks professional or pedicure compatible. So after loads of research I bought the opi studio led lamp which is fab.
I'm trying out INK London gel polish at the mo, had it on for 3 weeks, removed today and oh my god it just fell off my nails, amazing stuff, really impressed with it, but just keep telling myself I cannot convert as I have invested so much in my ibd :eek:
Sorry I'm not being much help. It's an absolute minefield trying to decide what to go for isn't it. Maybe going to a beauty show might help you decide? X

Latest posts

Back