Gel top coat over pink & white l&p?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently qualified in l&p, it was just white and pinks. We were taught to buff to high shine so no gel coat over the top :(

I have a friend who is willing to let me practise on her some more but shed love glitter. I'm presuming I can't buff to high shine over glitter as some of the particles will end up exposed and I won't have a lovely smooth finish on it then?

Second question is when do I apply the top coat? Like after which file? Currently I file with 100 grit then 150 then 180 then 240,220,600,4000 if that makes sense?

TIA
Danielle x

Hi everyone,

I've recently qualified in l&p, it was just white and pinks. We were taught to buff to high shine so no gel coat over the top :(

I have a friend who is willing to let me practise on her some more but shed love glitter. I'm presuming I can't buff to high shine over glitter as some of the particles will end up exposed and I won't have a lovely smooth finish on it then?

Second question is when do I apply the top coat? Like after which file? Currently I file with 100 grit then 150 then 180 then 240,220,600,4000 if that makes sense?

TIA
Danielle x

Wow, Dani ... That is allot of files and buffing going on there!

You can apply your glitter in a sort of sandwich between thin layers of clear acrylic and then buff to a high shine without having to worry about exposing the glitter.

OR you can take a less permanent and easier way, and use some of the very blingy glitter polishes that are around over your finished nails. This is the route I would go for to save having to remove product when a client wants a change.

I do easy Rock Star nails with Shellac and Irrestible glitters.

Thank you so much geeg!!!! Your a star id never have thought of that!!!! X

Dying to get my hands on shellac and everything else weird and wonderful from CDN have to save up a bit more tho lol.

Latest posts

Back