Gel users - Which gel do you use for French Manicure Natural Overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gel do you use for French Manicure Natural Overlays?

• Biosculpture or Calgel

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Akzentz Options

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Akzentz(buff off)

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Brisa

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • Other gel, please specify

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MINKUS said:
yep nice and easy to buff....i used to be scared:Scared: off buffing off but as long as you go slowly its easier to buff down that keep soaking off all the time:rolleyes: which is boring !!

Thanks.... trying to branch out with something else other than bio...if you know what I mean!

Clients are loving the Akzentz but need to make up my mind which its going to be for NNOs especially on short nail beds which are difficult to seal.

Sassy Hassy said:
Base with pink, then paint on white, then over the whole thing with clear. All Brisa products. Sorted!!!!!!!
I agree with sassy hassy. Brisa is a fab product, i'm totally obsessed and so are all my clients XXXXX :lick:

ADiva1 said:
Cheers Angie and Amb:hug:

Have any of you buffed off your NNOs as yet? Is it easy to buff off?

Sorry girlies, just doing a bit of research here....

yeah..no probs...start with a brand new 180 and as you get nearer the nat nail go to a 240...wipe as you go with nail prep or scrubfresh and you will see whats gel and what not...leavingsome on the nail is the best bet...dont try and get it all off...no point...and safer. x

ADiva1 said:
Thanks.... trying to branch out with something else other than bio...if you know what I mean!

Clients are loving the Akzentz but need to make up my mind which its going to be for NNOs especially on short nail beds which are difficult to seal.

best bet here is to use a form and very slightly extend the nat free edge..giving a fab cap xx

Brisa for me too :cool:

I use Professionails (Pronails). I used to use their Protech gel which is an all in one gel but have recently been trying their 3 phase gel system. Both are buff off and the white is a gel. They offer a brilliant white, soft french (which is a creamy off white colour) and french pearl white. The whole system is lovely to use.

If you are anywhere near Bushey Heath this Sunday then Gina is having an open day for all techs to go in and try the systems. They are doing some displays of the different systems they use and they are more than happy for you to have a go yourself. They are really a lovely friendly bunch down there.

Howdi all :)

...converted to Brisa...

Since starting my job at a ritzy brisbane salon, I have to say it is the nicest gel to use and personally think it looks elegant.. :Love:I love it and how nails look using Brisa.. Have to say there is no comparison or compatition with other gels...Brisa in my book wins hands down..

I suppose its only fitting I should change my name to CCG..converted creative geek..LOL

Huggs,
Cath
xox

Cats_Klawz said:
Howdi all :)

...converted to Brisa...

Since starting my job at a ritzy brisbane salon, I have to say it is the nicest gel to use and personally think it looks elegant.. :Love:I love it and how nails look using Brisa.. Have to say there is no comparison or compatition with other gels...Brisa in my book wins hands down..

I suppose its only fitting I should change my name to CCG..converted creative geek..LOL

Huggs,
Cath
xox

hiya what gel did you convert from...? xxx

Hi there

I tend to use bio, normally I would put the white gel on first, then clear or clear then white, I've tried both ways. I haven't done a french with the azkentz gel yet.

Deb379

NailStyle said:
hiya what gel did you convert from...? xxx

...was mainly using IBD gel for french when i was doing nails for myself in my home salon / mobile nail service
Must also say that brisa looks stunning on toes too.. forgot to mention that in my previous posting..lol
huggs,

CCG ..LOL

Cath
xox

Brisa for me too....have tried quite a few gels and didnt get on with them, in fact they nearly put me off gels for life....but Brisa is not sticky like some and is very easy to apply and the finish looks brill.:biggrin: :D

Hi I just recieved my akzentz kit, but it didn't have any affixit in, ive just been reading these posts and those of you who use akzentz seem to use this, is it nessesary?
Just there out of stock at the mo...

Sarah xx

PS Im going to experiment with akzentz on my nails, Bond, POW, natural pink, top gloss pink...I think!

Hi, I'm new in this univers, but old in the nailbusiness. I have tried every gel on the market by now, but I always go back to ibd gel. It's the strongest, and most beatifull there is. I use to use there white gel, but this last few years, I have startet to spray paint the white directly on the nails. It gives a thinner result, and it takes less then a minute to do it. And you can make the customer choose exactly the kind of white she wants. I start with the bonder, then a pink layer, then I paint the white, and I'm closing with the clear - and they are just as strong as acrylics.
Denmarks number 1 nail geek!!!
Tina
www.negl.dk

Hi there, I use NSI Balance Gel, the pink builder is fantastic it hardly moves once applied before curing. I love this gel it is far better than the one I was taught to use. I don't even know the brand name because it came in packaging which did not have labels. I stay away from that one now.

No I am a NSI girl through and through.

Nerida

Hi
Does anyone use the white nail varnish (bio) instead of gel , with clear gel before and after. A girl on my course said that they always use it in thier salon, what does everone think?

Latest posts

Back