Gelac not what it says on the tin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellymac78

Reaction score
hi all
i have recently purchased a ibd gelac kit and all of the marketing states 14 days with no chipping well i have used a couple of my friends as guinea pigs and also used myself and nobody can get 14 days without chipping
what on earth is going on with this im following all of the instructions but its still chipping and i am at the end of my tether with it

i have read a few threads on here about the product but im still looking for answers can anyone give me any advice or tips please

thanks in advance

Depends on what your clients are doing with their hands? It says no chipping but if the clients aren't following homecare advice then they won't get 14 days out of it. Also depends on their natural nails, for example if they are soft and bendy the gel polish won't last as well. I have only recently started doing nails. And I have approx 10 regular customers just now who have gelish gel polish, and 2 of them have soft bendy nails, so I applied harmony structure gel and now every single one of them get a minimum of 14 days from it. Most of them are getting 21 days xx

I bought the Gelac kit about 18 months ago from Alan Howard and had nothing but trouble with it. Lost clients through it too as it was so rubbish. since then I sold the kit on then dreaded flea bay and bought Gelish (from the distributor) and it's given me nothing but joy. It's more expensive than Gelac but you get what you pay for.

IBD Gelac was eliminated a while ago and a new range has come out instead called IBD Just Gel Polish. There was free postage to send back to Graftons if you bought it there, so guess the same applies to other suppliers too?

IBD Gelac was eliminated a while ago and a new range has come out instead called IBD Just Gel Polish. There was free postage to send back to Graftons if you bought it there, so guess the same applies to other suppliers too?

A great example of why it is important to buy from the authorised distributors.
I didn't know Gelac had been discontinued and replaced with a new range ;)

I bought mine from a beauty suppliers (kinda like sallys) and i took it back there with my receipt and i got my money back for the actual colours but thats it. I couldnt get my money back for the cleanser etc.

Latest posts

Back