Gelish 18g LED Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t35

Reaction score
Soooo... I eventually made the decision to buy the Gelish lamp after looking into the Gelish and the OPI Led lamps.....
When i used the Gelish lamp It says to do foundation for 5 seconds, colour for 20-30 seconds and top for 30 seconds... I found that when i was applying the first colour coat, it felt like the base coat hadn't cured, as if i was dragging the base coat off ( i actually cured the base for 10 secs) Then even after capping the free edge with colour coats, it seemed not to stick to it even before it went in the lamp....Was very worried acutally that these nails might not last on the client.....

Any ideas on the free edge as this has happened before but not as bad, and also the fact that the coats didn't seem as if cured....

Soooo... I eventually made the decision to buy the Gelish lamp after looking into the Gelish and the OPI Led lamps.....
When i used the Gelish lamp It says to do foundation for 5 seconds, colour for 20-30 seconds and top for 30 seconds... I found that when i was applying the first colour coat, it felt like the base coat hadn't cured, as if i was dragging the base coat off ( i actually cured the base for 10 secs) Then even after capping the free edge with colour coats, it seemed not to stick to it even before it went in the lamp....Was very worried acutally that these nails might not last on the client.....

Any ideas on the free edge as this has happened before but not as bad, and also the fact that the coats didn't seem as if cured....

Did you ensure you dry brush right up to the free edge?

Also, I was also told by NH not to cure the foundation coat for longer than recommended, otherwise it will be more likely to chip if the foundation layer is over cured xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I have just completed the Gelish translation with NH 5 secs for Foundation 30 secs for each colour layer and 30 for top it off, under the 18G lamp also as said before don't forget to dry brush foundation, should be ok then.

OOh what do you mean dry brush???? Sorry i don't understand,
Thankyou for your replies its much appreciated...I did OPI under the lamp today and seemed ok!??
Worried now that i cured the base for 10 seconds as i was worried!!!
:rolleyes:

OOh what do you mean dry brush???? Sorry i don't understand,
Thankyou for your replies its much appreciated...I did OPI under the lamp today and seemed ok!??
Worried now that i cured the base for 10 seconds as i was worried!!!
:rolleyes:

You need to brush over the foundation with a dry gel brush before covering with the colour, it removes any excess x

aaahhh righty i see, is that with any gel foundation then or just relish? Trained in nsi and never knew that but thankyou for the tip i will do that...xx

aaahhh righty i see, is that with any gel foundation then or just relish? Trained in nsi and never knew that but thankyou for the tip i will do that...xx

As far as I know its just Gelish but I could be wrong lol I don't do it with shellac

In my experience, if you need to dry brush, you've applied it too thick and there is a lot of inhibition layer left. The color coat then just kind of "floats" and "drags" on the inhibition layer instead on clinging to the base coat.

I had a conversation with one of the NH team at Olympia and she said to place a really thin stripe of gelish base coat on each nail - then work it over the rest of the nail with a gel brush.... it really has to be that thin. Cure for 5 seconds. The base coat is sooooo thin that you don't need to dry brush - it also removes in 10 minutes max :Love:

I had a conversation with one of the NH team at Olympia and she said to place a really thin stripe of gelish base coat on each nail - then work it over the rest of the nail with a gel brush.... it really has to be that thin. Cure for 5 seconds. The base coat is sooooo thin that you don't need to dry brush - it also removes in 10 minutes max :Love:

Yes, we started doing that with Vitagel, but found it worked even better with the regular Foundation. Makes for even easier soak-offs too.

Latest posts

Back