Gelish - Black Shadow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I've just had a thought.... my Black Shadow takes 3 or 4 coats to get a nice opaque finish. Do you think if I added some black additive to the bottle that I'd be able to cover in 2 coats?

Would it effect the polish at all if mixed in to the bottle? (Obviously I'd need the correct ratio)

Thanks

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bump xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm I wouldn't mess with the bottle itself incase it made the curing time different. Maybe you could just put it on after 2 coats?xx

Thats sounds like a dodgy bottle to me, mine covers in 2 coats or 3 at a stretch. I got mine from Harmony back in sept/oct.

Mine takes 3 coats. It's a thin colour so if you apply it super thin it might take 4. I apply 2 and 3 coat a little bit thicker but you need to feel it to not go too thick. Hth :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Black shadow usually takes three coats to get it right , its easy to go on too thick with this colour which results in shrinkage so slways best to do three thinner costs hth x

I would buy a new bottle. Mine covers beautifully in 2 and isn't runny at all.

I had the same problem with black, what I tend to do now is put a dark grey like never to grey or jet set as one layer an then black over the top it only takes one layer then rather than 3-4 :))

My first bottle of black shadow was thin and needed 4 coats but still looked more of a dark grey. I just assumed that they were all like that until I got my new bottle (as first one was nearly gone) and it takes 2 coats and gives a really deep full colour.

I bought mine in march last year and its really thin. I always do 3-4 coats and it shrinks back terribly. At Christmas, I was using a coat of black cherry berry underneath and this helped.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't really use it much, so I don't want to buy a new bottle if I can help it, but don't feel that I can send this one back after such a long time.

Latest posts

Back