Gelish changing colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
We recently introduced gelish to the salon. I did a clients nails a week ago using Taupe Model, she was in today having something else done and was saying she was going to have it taken off because she hated the colour. I'm not surprised as I noticed it had turned green! I showed her what it looked like when she first got it done and she couldn't believe it! Thank god she is a regular and laughed about it.
Its worth noting I also did one of the hairdressers nails in he loves me he loves me not and after a few days it turned into an almost blue colour.

To be honest I'm really annoyed after investing €700 into a new gel polish kit, I cant use it on clients if it's going to be changing colour is there anything that would be causing this?

I should mention neither girls are using anything different on their hands, they haven't been in the sun etc

Can't say I've heard of it before to be honest.
Maybe you could email Gelish customers services, and explain what's happening?

Certain gelish colors are faders. He love me, he loves me not is one of them. I haven't heard of taupe model fading but I don't have this color, maybe another geek who does can let you know.

There's a thread on here about all the faders. Maybe look that up and see. Where did you get the gelish from? Maybe they will let you exchange the faders for another color, I think harmony does that when you buy from them.

Last edited:
Some colors do fade. Majority of the light pinks, lilacs and nudes, taupe model, my nightly craving to name a few off the top of my head.

Yup. I'm wearing taupe model right now and that's what it's turned into. A weird tinge of green in it. At first I thought it was from my hair :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one I thought I'd done something wrong haha. That's annoying because its actually a gorgeous colour when its freshly applied! Not a fan of the green tinge!

I had the same issue, I sent the colours back I was having issues with and they replaced them. It was really quick and easy well worth doing rather than wasting them.

I bought taupe model recently and it's the only gelish colour I've been disappointed in, faded to a yucky nicotine colour in a few days!

I love the ORIGINAL colour of ' my nightly craving ' I didn't actually realise until I see a post on here that it was a fader , this is the difference .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1422186924987.jpg
    1422186924987.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 149
I love the ORIGINAL colour of ' my nightly craving ' I didn't actually realise until I see a post on here that it was a fader , this is the difference .

My night craving has been discontinued now :( x

We recently introduced gelish to the salon. I did a clients nails a week ago using Taupe Model, she was in today having something else done and was saying she was going to have it taken off because she hated the colour. I'm not surprised as I noticed it had turned green! I showed her what it looked like when she first got it done and she couldn't believe it! Thank god she is a regular and laughed about it.

Its worth noting I also did one of the hairdressers nails in he loves me he loves me not and after a few days it turned into an almost blue colour.

To be honest I'm really annoyed after investing €700 into a new gel polish kit, I cant use it on clients if it's going to be changing colour is there anything that would be causing this?

I should mention neither girls are using anything different on their hands, they haven't been in the sun etc

Give nail harmony a call & they will be able to help x

Last edited:
I got it from Sallys

You'd think the a company such as HARMONY would test their products first before they put FADERS on the market x

Some colors just fade. It is a bit upsetting though that gelish has so many faders compared to other brands, but they last so well on my clients so I can't give it up yet. :lol:

Latest posts

Back