Gelish foundation not coming off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliché

Reaction score
Hello,

I re-searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

I've been using Gelish for about 2 months now and have never had any problems. I love it!

But suddenly I'm having issues with removal. I use the cotton+foil method, and 100% acetone as I've always done before. I leave it on for 15 minutes in front of a heated fan.

In the past, it's always flaked off as normal, but my last 2 removal, the top coat and color come off fine, but the Foundation Gel remains on my nail. I have to scrap it off really hard with the orange stick and even scrub with more acetone. It's an extremely thin layer so it doesn't take long, but it would always flake off completely with the color before. I don't understand why it's doing this now?

I use the CND lamp, it's only 3 months old so it can't be the bulbs. I cure the Foundation Gel for 60sec, colors and top for 120sec as I was instructed.

As I said, I've never had this problem before so I'm wondering what's going on. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks!

I only ever have this problem if the Gelish has been left on for ages. (2 and half-3weeks). I just remove what I can and re-wrap.
I also dont use orange sticks. I use a plastic hoof stick and ive found it to be gentler on the nails and much easier to scrape any stubborn bits without damage. Also I can sterilise it and save money because here orange sticks are not that cheap!

hope someone else can maybe help you more.
xx

My last application was on for only 5 days, that's why I find it strange that the Foundation wasn't coming off... (I got new colors and wanted to try them out!)

I'll have a look for plastic hoof sticks. Do you know if I could find them somewhere online? (That ships to Canada)

Latest posts

Back