Gelish - French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyM1

Reaction score
What colours do people use on a gelish French manicure? I tend to find the white I'm using goes a bit dull. I only put one coat of the white on as I don't want the nail to get too thick.

Thanks

Two thin coats of white is better than one thicker coat xx

What colours do people use on a gelish French manicure? I tend to find the white I'm using goes a bit dull. I only put one coat of the white on as I don't want the nail to get too thick.

Thanks

I use sheek white for my french white. Its a fab colour. I dont do many french but i think it depends on the customer and the generally rule is to do 2 coats. :biggrin:

Are you finding the clients nails dull before they come back to you for new Gelish? I advise my clients to use a dry cotton pad/ball whatever & buff the nail, it brings back the crisp whiteness & instantly brightens up the nail. Hope this helps xx

For French Gelish I use:

1 coat "Ambience"
2 coats "Sheek White"

I make the white layers very thin, so with 2 layers it's fine, it's really not too thick and the white stands out just enough.

Sheek white and little princesses.

1 coat of Ambience/ Simple Sheer/ Pink Smoothie and 2 coats Sheek white, perfect !

I did my first French using Gelish the other day. I used 1 coat ambience then 2 shriek white. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334868984.974535.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334868984.974535.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6,345
Bloody predictive text! Sheek white lol!

I did my first French using Gelish the other day. I used 1 coat ambience then 2 shriek white. Here's a pic.

This looks lovely!
Is it best to do the colour then the white or white then colour?! X

Colour first with ambience because when I tried it on a sample nail with white first the ambience on top made the white look yellow and horrid. I also brushed the tip after curing the ambience and it helped to do the white, made it a bit more sticky. I'd like a pinker colour to put under white for a pinker looking French but I've only got go girl and it's too pink and I tried little princesses but thought it looked a bit milky white. Any suggestions?

Colour first with ambience because when I tried it on a sample nail with white first the ambience on top made the white look yellow and horrid. I also brushed the tip after curing the ambience and it helped to do the white, made it a bit more sticky. I'd like a pinker colour to put under white for a pinker looking French but I've only got go girl and it's too pink and I tried little princesses but thought it looked a bit milky white. Any suggestions?

Pink smoothie?

Simple sheer is pink from the bottle but once applied to the nails it's very clear, you can barely notice any pink.

Your pic of gelish french is lovely :) Pink Smoothie is a real pink look for french but i apply 2 thin coats then sheek white. I do think the white can dull a little but its not mean't to look like brilliant white unless the client likes that look.

French smile lines were hard for me to master ( im ok when it comes to doing my sample nails but on the real nail it seems more awkward, im getting there...the more i do the better i get :)
To get the use out my clear colors i offer a colored french tip...i did a couple using startburst they turned out fab :) it makes for a funky french :)

Happy Gelish Frenching everyone :)

Thanks everyone. I will start to do two coats of white and give it ago. I'm not sure what colours I've been using as the labels have fallen off, but will consider the ones you have all suggested next time.

Do both layers of the white need curing for 30 secs? I'm using the 6g led lamp.

Thanks everyone. I will start to do two coats of white and give it ago. I'm not sure what colours I've been using as the labels have fallen off, but will consider the ones you have all suggested next time.

Do both layers of the white need curing for 30 secs? I'm using the 6g led lamp.

Yes:biggrin:
I'm hopeless at smile lines, gelish is a god send, I use the gel brush that I keep for dry brushing the foundation layer and back bob with it before I cure.
I'm totally ruined for a nail varnish now :Scared:

What would you use for a bright white French finish? X

I use two thin coats of sleek white the one cost of ambience x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335220822.090540.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335220822.090540.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 272
Hi geeks sorry but how do I get my smile line neat I lose sleep over it what is the best brush to tidy it with x

Latest posts

Back