Gelish glitter line-how is it done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Could you tell me how this is done?
I think its been done with loose glitter but how would you stop the glitter from straying from the line?

Thanks x

Attachments

• Line.jpg
    Line.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 586
Hi Geeks,

Could you tell me how this is done?
I think its been done with loose glitter but how would you stop the glitter from straying from the line?

Thanks x

Could you use a bit of masking tape or striping tape to get a clean line? Love the design xx

That looks lovely!

I'm guessing another very thin line of top it off has been applied after the layer of topcoat has been applied and cured and cleansed, then the glitter applied, cured again and cleansed.

Michelle x

For the half moon I'd prob do the full coat. Cure, wipe off inhibition, paint half moon, cure and sprinkle glitter onto the inhibition layer and TIO.

For the lines I'd prob mix with some TIO, cure and TIO.

Not sure if it would work but it's what I'd do lol.

Yes I think so but just wanted to double check!
Will have to try it and see how it comes out x

I tried it this weekend geeks!
This is what it looks like.
I done a normal manicure, top it off, cured & wiped tacky layer. I then put striping tape on, put a coat of top it off on just over the stripes, cured, applied glitter, cured again. Brushed away excess glitter, applied another coat of top it off but removed the striping tape before I cured. Then done a full layer of top it off over the whole nail x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 395
Hmm sounds harder than it looks or I'm just dull hahahah xx

Hmm sounds harder than it looks or I'm just dull hahahah xx

It is very fiddly. I do wonder whether it would just be simpler to do a top it off line with a dotting tool then press glitter on & brush away excess! So freehand rather than striping tape x

It is very fiddly. I do wonder whether it would just be simpler to do a top it off line with a dotting tool then press glitter on & brush away excess! So freehand rather than striping tape x

Yes this sounds an easier way to me ;-) x

Oooo I really really love this look! Your version looks fab-well done! X

Or you could just use a glitter striper then tio on top x

Latest posts

Back