Gelish lifting on one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeAR

Reaction score
Please help guys, I have one client where gelish just won't stay! All of my other clients are getting at least 2 weeks out of a set, some even 3 weeks but I have this one girl where it's like 4 days and she's messaging saying they're peeling!

The way I do them is:
Push back and remove cuticle from nail plate (if anything I take a bit too long on this step so I know it's thorough!), buff nail with nail harmony buffer, apply PH Bond, foundation, cure, then with this particular client I put a layer of structure on as her nails are weak from using NSS for ages, cure, 2x colour coats (curing between each layer) and top it off, cure and wipe sticky layer. I cap all the edges as well!

This particular client has said this time that she hasn't done a lot of washing up or knocked them etc but I don't know what to suggest for her x

...I put a layer of structure on as her nails are weak from using NSS for ages...

It might be that her nails are too thin and damaged that no amount of enhancement would adhere to the thin plate and would lift. You can imagine a house being built over a weak foundation in that it will soon collapse. If they are in that state, wait until they grow out by doing natural manicures with massages.

I did a consult today who is a student from uni and she had acrylic extensions on that were done in Marbella. She took it off on her own and although there was no white spots, the area were the acrylic was on the nail plate was visibly much thinner than the outer area. I told her that even if I applied hard or soft gel, it might be prone to lifting so she would have to wait to let it grow out by doing natural manicures and massages that will promote nail growth.

Yeah I did think that it may be because her nails are so thin and flexible but I don't want her to think I'm making excuses as this is now the third set I've done for her that have peeled/lifted within days! I just feel awful as like I say, I don't have this issue with any of my other clients...

If you have it Try using a little pro bond just on the tips where lifting occurs. Should do the trick. x

Latest posts

Back