Gel nails NEVER lasting on client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
We have been using builder gel by The Gel Bottle, she gets 10 days out of them at the most until they lift. I really make sure I dehydrate the nails and cap the free edge… I over do it if anything as each time I’m like these ones are not popping off! There’s only been one time where they lasted about two weeks and she had to get them took off for hospital!!!
What on earth could it be?!
I’m thinking medication as she is on a lot ..
So annoyed

Hi Paige

My rule of thumb is if the product chips or fails within 48 hours it was quite probably an application/curing error. however as everyone expects gel to last I will redo up to 7 days after application FOC as goodwill. (Sometimes clients are incapable of sliding their hands under the lamp and ensuring even curing.)

After 7 days it’s not me it’s the client! It will be down to condition of her nails or her lifestyle. I had one pregnant lady whose nails grew as much in one week as I’d normally see in three weeks and she couldn’t keep gel on.

Hi Paige

My rule of thumb is if the product chips or fails within 48 hours it was quite probably an application/curing error. however as everyone expects gel to last I will redo up to 7 days after application FOC as goodwill. (Sometimes clients are incapable of sliding their hands under the lamp and ensuring even curing.)

After 7 days it’s not me it’s the client! It will be down to condition of her nails or her lifestyle. I had one pregnant lady whose nails grew as much in one week as I’d normally see in three weeks and she couldn’t keep gel on.
Yeah it’s never within a week normally, it’s usually after say 10 days and grow super quick, her nails are so soft! It’s so annoying

Latest posts

Back