Gelish longevity on fingernails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinners

Reaction score
Good evening all :)

As Gelish is marketed as a 21 day polish, I believe that that is what should be achievable from all of us. HOWEVER...16 days is the absolute max that anyone's has lasted, that I have done. And in honesty, the average is 14 days! I'm wondering if I should take my sorry a** back to my educator for some 1:1 before I unleash myself on Joe Public lol...

How long do you lovely people get from yours?

Jo xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I should add that that's 14-16 perfect days, before a chip or a little light lifting...they're not peeling off from every angle!! Xx

12-14 days for me - and thats just my dislike of regrowth, I'm sure I could go longer...

12-14 days for me - and thats just my dislike of regrowth, I'm sure I could go longer...

Mmmm...that doesn't bode well for me does it?! Maybe a few hours 1:1 is a good idea! Thank you :)

My clients really vary. Some only 10 days, some get 5 weeks!!

Julie

My clients really vary. Some only 10 days, some get 5 weeks!!

Julie

5 weeks on fingers?!!!! Wow...

There is the odd person who gets 5 weeks from any UV manicure but if the truth be known, no UV cured polish will last much longer than 14 days perfect and I think personally, that it unrealistic to encourage clients to think that it will.

When people ask me how long their UV manicure will last, I make NO promises and tell them the truth, that it will last as long as they take care, follow advice and nurture their hands and nails up to a maximum of 3 weeks all being well.

Definitely between 2-3 weeks. Loads of regulars book every 3 weeks in advance and come back with just regrowth.
Then there are some people who will never get more than 2 weeks.
It really does depend how well they care for them.

Laura xx

I believe Gelish is up to 21 days! As others have said depends on client's nails, lifestyle and aftercare. On average my clients re-book 2 or 3 weeks, with some 4 week regulars and 1 who is proud to get 35 days with dreadful regrowth!
I always state up to 21 days and suggest 1st timers re-book for 2 weeks and judge future appointment timings from the condition at the 2 week stage.

Claire

Sent from my A1-810 using SalonGeek mobile app

5 weeks on fingers?!!!! Wow...

Yeah I was amazed and the regrowth was horrendous! Like the others say, it depends on their nails and aftercare. I get my ladies to book every fortnight to keep them looking nice xx

I always say UP TO 21 days. Not everyone lasts this long and some chip after a week, some come back after 6 weeks with no chips and horrendous regrowth. At the end of the day everybody's nails are different and it will never last the same on everyone, apart from natural nails differing it depends how they look after them and what sort of work etc they do.

This is my mum on day 21..

1384557685817.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

2-3 weeks always and the occasional that goes 5, but gives me a terrible time soaking off😡 haha

Most of my ladies come back chip, peel or breakage free after 3 weeks. Some ladies go 4 weeks (affordability) & their nails are still perfect, Some if my ladies have their nails done every 2 weeks & they can have the odd chip so I really do think it depends on their lifestyle & how they look after their nails ie, gloves when doing house work/gardening & using their Solar Oil etc xx

I've managed to have them on my own nails for over 3 weeks, the regrowth didn't look so bad because of the style nail I did ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384596242.719932.jpg (that's after 2.5 weeks, forgot to get one before I took them off). I think they lasted because I'm obsessive with my aftercare. My mam however is a pain in the bum and doesn't follow aftercare even if I nag her, hers lasts about 2 weeks AT BEST. :) hth xx

Latest posts

Back