Gelish & nail art problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems doing nail art with Gelish because some of the colours are so watery and sheer? For example trying to do carving or zebra stripes which I can do no problem in Shellac I'm having issues with doing with Gelish. Especially anything involving Black Shadow.

Any tips? I might have to start doing my Gelish nail art with acrylic paint instead.

I've just done their nail art course, I was shown to put a drop of the colour or top coat (for decorating matte designs) onto foil for a few seconds before using...it thickens up a little and is easier to use. Also keep the second colour thin and again wait a few seconds before etching..I use black shadow loads and found this works.

Last edited:
When i did the gelish design they taught us to flash dry, 5secs under 18g led lamp just to make it a bit stickier may be worth giving it a go x

Thanks both. My black shadow is crazy thin so maybe it's just a rubbish bottle. Will try both tips.

Latest posts

Back