Gelish problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla Harrison

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what people's thoughts are on Gelish...
I went with this product after training with it, and it being very popular on the market.
However, I find they are extremely runny! Especially light colours and the glitter. I did my own nails last night, and am sooooo disappointed in them! I would never want to walk out a professional salon with these. They're so thick as I had to use so many coats!!!
I was using Bluesky before I qualified and preferred it 100% over Gelish! Gutted I've just spent SO much money on it....
Any comments/opinions would be really helpful.
Thanks x

Have you given the Gelish a really good mix up before applying? x

Have you given the Gelish a really good mix up before applying? x
Hi Katy, yes I have shaken well. I just find them extremely runny making them so hard to work with! I had to put so many coats of glitter on as it's just clear polish with the tiniest bit of glitter in. Xx

Hi Katy, yes I have shaken well. I just find them extremely runny making them so hard to work with! I had to put so many coats of glitter on as it's just clear polish with the tiniest bit of glitter in. Xx
Maybe run an orange wood stick inside the bottle. Sometimes glitter compacts on the bottom and shaking still doesn't loosen it. I use gelish and get full coverage with the glitter in 2-3 coats.

Hi when Gelish is new it can be runny , give a good stir and shake and they will be fine . I shake and stir my Gelish every other day .

Could it be to do with the hot weather? Where are you storing them?
Some of my glitter ones are a little runny when they are new but after a couple of uses it thickens up a little.

Hi Layla - was it one of the Trends collection ? If you put it on a piece of kitchen towel to adsorb some of the liquid you can pick up the glitter with the brush and it will go on denser - Am I making you Gelish benefits from this x

Hi Layla - was it one of the Trends collection ? If you put it on a piece of kitchen towel to adsorb some of the liquid you can pick up the glitter with the brush and it will go on denser - Am I making you Gelish benefits from this x

I do this too when I use all that glitters is gold.
Makes application so much easier. x

Latest posts

Back