Gelish shrinking after an hour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn135

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I received my gelish paradise collection yesterday and I'm in love. This morning I painted my nail pops as usual and they came out lovely. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401364180.409257.jpg
But I've just looked at them again and this has happened to the pink. It's serious shrinkage, and looks even worse than on the pic. But it's happened over the space of an hour? I've never had this before. Usually if it shrinks it does it in the lamp straight away. If it helps I did 3 thin coats of colour with the top coat ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401364291.726566.jpg
I don't want this to happen when I use it on a client!! X

It's a curing problem whether due to you lamp, or too much product. It can only be one or the other.

I would think your application of this colour was too thick as the other pops are not doing the same thing.

I use the gelish 18g lamp so don't think it's that, and I defiantly did thin coats, as it was quite transparent when it first went on, but it's weird as it cured fine and went like this afterwards. Will try again with 2 coats and see what happens 😊

Mine arrived yesterday and was going to put them on pops today. Hope they don't shrink. I love the pink :(

Have you tried doing it again? X

Tried it with 2 coats and the same thing happened 😩 just tried another one with 3 super super thin coats so waiting to see!! It's only this colour though the rest are fine x

I'm a shellac girl and I've only just started experimenting with Gelish but to me this looks like wrinkling or it's coming away from the pop, not actual shrinkage.
Did you use a base coat or use a dehydrator or ph bond?
Try prepping the nail pop as you would a natural nail.
This looks like what happens with CND Studio White and Burnt Romance if you don't put very thin coats on... except as someone else mentioned it happens during the curing process in the led/uv light.
It could be that it is not agreeing with the plastic material of the nail pop and the reaction is taking longer outside of the lamp. The pigment itself could be the problem as each colour has a different formula in addition to the Gel - that is the same for every colour.
Try it on a nail tip or a something totally inert like the bottom of china teacup.
Please let us know how you make out with this because I am *just* getting to this brand.

I'm a shellac girl and I've only just started experimenting with Gelish but to me this looks like wrinkling or it's coming away from the pop, not actual shrinkage.
Did you use a base coat or use a dehydrator or ph bond?
Try prepping the nail pop as you would a natural nail.
This looks like what happens with CND Studio White and Burnt Romance if you don't put very thin coats on... except as someone else mentioned it happens during the curing process in the led/uv light.
It could be that it is not agreeing with the plastic material of the nail pop and the reaction is taking longer outside of the lamp. The pigment itself could be the problem as each colour has a different formula in addition to the Gel - that is the same for every colour.
Try it on a nail tip or a something totally inert like the bottom of china teacup.
Please let us know how you make out with this because I am *just* getting to this brand.
Sorry I should of written wrinkling, that's what I meant lol. No I didn't prep the nail pop just went straight on with colour, as I always do, will try it on a prepped one.
I went out to do nails tonight and the daughter wanted the pink as she had seen it on my page - typical! Lol so I did it anyway and didn't seem to have any problems, I've just told them to let me know if anything happens to them. She loved her nails though ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401399072.626954.jpg
Overall don't have many problems with gelish, just the usual fading with some colours And getting used to the different consistencies of some of them. Otherwise I love it xx

I put mine on pops today and the exact same thing happened with the purple and the orange! I did them both again and the same thing happened! Not my lamp as other colours are fine and definitely not applied too thick as I couldn't go in any thinner than I did. Plus weirdly mine were all fine and only after a few hours did they start wrinkling!

Argh! I'm really upset as I love these colours. Did the pink stay ok on the real nails? X

I used the pacific sunset today on nail pop and then on my own and had no problems with it... Did 3 very very thin coats... Only thing I would say it is a little transparent still so maybe I will go 4 coats next time?!?...xx

Try giving your nail pops a light buff & quick wipe with cleanse before you paint them x

Latest posts

Back