Gelish Structure gel - can you clear my confusion, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZNailz

Reaction score
Hi all, this has come up before but all the differing answers everywhere have confused me. Tell me...
Gelish Structure Gel - Before or After Colour???

Is it - to smooth out ridges or imperfections: Foundation, Dry Wipe, Structure, Dry Wipe, Colour, TIO
To add strength to otherwise healthy (yet bendy nails): Foundation, Dry wipe, colour, structure, TIO?

Help!
In particular, clients with healthy nails but needing colour to last longer due to job or bendiness or nails. Thanks!
I know a lot of people of here use it religiously... but how!?

Hi all, this has come up before but all the differing answers everywhere have confused me. Tell me...
Gelish Structure Gel - Before or After Colour???

Is it - to smooth out ridges or imperfections: Foundation, Dry Wipe, Structure, Dry Wipe, Colour, TIO
To add strength to otherwise healthy (yet bendy nails): Foundation, Dry wipe, colour, structure, TIO?

Help!
In particular, clients with healthy nails but needing colour to last longer due to job or bendiness or nails. Thanks!
I know a lot of people of here use it religiously... but how!?

Exactly as you said
Before colour for ridges
After colour for strength
Xx

Exactly as you said
Before colour for ridges
After colour for strength
Xx
Thank you! I'm on the right track :)
How many layers (of structure) would you typically do. 1 or 2?

Thank you! I'm on the right track :)
How many layers (of structure) would you typically do. 1 or 2?

Depends. If someone can't keep colour on I'll just do one coat. But for someone who needs extra strength I do 2 thin layers x

I've just got this to use in my sus in law tomorrow as she says gel polish dies t last with her (hairdresser!)! She used to do her own at home and says that her nails are wrecked from them. Would you recommend using after colour? Or depend on the condition of her nails? Do you only dry brush if before colour? Thanks xx

I've just got this to use in my sus in law tomorrow as she says gel polish dies t last with her (hairdresser!)! She used to do her own at home and says that her nails are wrecked from them. Would you recommend using after colour? Or depend on the condition of her nails? Do you only dry brush if before colour? Thanks xx

I always dry brush all structure gel coats just in case.
If her nails are that bad I'd use it under and over colour but thin coats so the nail isn't bulky. Just to give extra strength & protection while they get back to good health. x

Latest posts

Back