Gelish top coat nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppie1

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Sorry if this has been posted.

I have used Gelish for 8years and two years ago refurbed my room and now work next to the window. There is no way to move away from the window. My Gelish top it off brush dries up within the first week or two of use. Yes I know Gelish will provide brushes but not as many as I will need lol. I have over 100 colours and wondered if there is a gel polish company out there that is usable with Gelish colours as I’ve had enough. I’m gradually moving over to Gellux as I find the product better. I use Gelish base and top with no service breakdown. But I need a really good base and top coat as gellux is not as good.

Im hoping to get some recommendations for a good base, top coat that works with both Gelish and gellux colours?

Thanks

I had this problem repeatedly until I kept all the bottles in a box with a lid. Just display your designs not the bottles and when using put the lid straight on and put it back in the box. To avoid waste you can use a tool (omg mind gone blank..in my toolbox it was like a spanner but had grippers haha can’t for the life of me remember the word), turning it usually breaks the top off but you can then use what’s left in the bottle and pour it into your new bottle.

Can you not install a blind of some sort?
Any gel that is cured by uv/led will cure by a window. Nothing to do with a specific brand

Thanks for suggestions, but I have a blind. shellac and gellux top coats don’t set or the brushes dry out, hence my question re any that may work with Gelish? All my bottles are kept in drawers and put away straight after use. My work ethic is tight. But I’m just wondering if there is something I can use as a top coat over Gelish other than top it off. I have exhausted all options to stop Gelish brush setting. The only option left to me is to find an alternative. Anyone??

Gel polish/ topcoat doesn’t just dry up. But good luck with your search

I use The Gel Bottle Extreme Shine top coat with Gelish system and have good results xx

Gel polish/ topcoat doesn’t just dry up. But good luck with your search
It sets from natural light while working. I’d like to agree but those are the facts for me. Only looking for a Gelish alternative. If you have any suggestions for alternatives feel free to recommend. Thanks

I use The Gel Bottle Extreme Shine top coat with Gelish system and have good results xx
Thank you an alternative. I will give it a go. TBH I’ve used shellac on top of Gelish out of frustrationon mine and had no problems. But I know people recommend sticking with the system your using. But when it is a problem.....what do you do.

I had this problem repeatedly until I kept all the bottles in a box with a lid. Just display your designs not the bottles and when using put the lid straight on and put it back in the box. To avoid waste you can use a tool (omg mind gone blank..in my toolbox it was like a spanner but had grippers haha can’t for the life of me remember the word), turning it usually breaks the top off but you can then use what’s left in the bottle and pour it into your new bottle.
Thanks I keep all my geilish colours in drawers and they are put away. I work as far from window as my room allows. Keep Gelish when using away from the lights and window as possible. Used Gelish for years it’s the new room set up but no alternative I can’t move the desk location. thanks for your suggestion of boxes

Latest posts

Back