Gelish 'Up In The Blue' fading?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonU

Reaction score
Hi all,

A client of mine has sent me a photo of her nails and the color has faded to a greenish/blue. Have others experienced this with 'Up in the Blue'? Could anyone suggest a lighter blue Gelish alternative?

It would be fine that it faded a bit but i've sculpted half her nails so some have kept the blue color but her natural nails have faded.

Really? I have it on my toes at the mo (week 2). Colour still fine.

Yeah..it definitely faded to a greenish blue...she sent me the photo of her natural nails and the sculpted..sculpted are still perfectly blue and the natural are faded. Maybe I should buy a new bottle and see how that one goes.

If it was the colour wouldn't it fade on all the nails? I tried wearing one of the known faders on myself (your only true reliable source ) and had no problems so at least if it fades on a client I know it's not the colour

FYI I haven't had any issues with this colour

Iv never had a problem with this colour fading one of my fav's especially with glitter on top x

Well it definitely has faded.. to a greenish hue. And to answer your question Danielle--the colors won't fade on a synthetic surface..only on natural nails. It's true for all known faders. I never have an issue with the problem ones because I always have enhancements on. You probably don't notice the fading either because you wear enhancements.

Lighter pigments are prone to fading..It's just the way it is. I've explained it to my clients and most are fine with it and if not then they don't choose some of the lighter colors. But I agree with my client that this one does look silly because of the half enhancements/half natural nails and I wouldn't have chosen it but didn't realize it was a potential fader.

I bought 'my sugar baby' hoping that will be okay for her. It's a bit darker but pretty still.

Latest posts

Back