Gelish vs Artistic Colour Gloss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMC

Reaction score
Can anybody share pros and cons between these two brands?

Colour variety, lasting wear, application, popularity, removal, using with nail art and glitters etc.

Probably more interested in cons. Pros are easy to find :)

Thanks in advance

Can anybody share pros and cons between these two brands?

Colour variety, lasting wear, application, popularity, removal, using with nail art and glitters etc.

Probably more interested in cons. Pros are easy to find :)

Thanks in advance

Gelish doesnt last as long.I ised tp use helish bt switched to artistic colour gloss.apparently they cam b used together.artistic has a correction gel which can be used just before top coat which extends the wear brlliantly.I am very hard on my nails and nothing lasts longer than a week on me especially as im using product on my clients but im now u to day 9 and still looking good.

Gelish has honestly transformed my business!
My clients gelish manicures last 3 weeks and they are still chip free and shiny when they return to me.

For anyone that's hard on their nails you can use gelish structure gel over colour for added strength.
And it can also be used under colour for ridges etc.

The colour range is fantastic, other brands are just catching up in my opinion :)
All that jazz also do regular polishes to match your gelish colours (which also have great coverage may I add ;)
Which is a great add on if clients can't afford matching toes in gel polish.

The marketing for gelish is excellent. And nail harmony also have a technical page where you can chat to other qualified nail techs or ask questions if you need any help.
Or they are a phonecall away

The only con I can think of Is a couple if the colours fade, but if this ever does occur then nail harmony refund/replace the colour for you with no problems.

If I can help with anything else then drop me a message :) xx

You're not going to find too many cons for either of these brands (from the same parent company), because they are both excellent brands - great color range, long lasting easy application - although ACG seems thinner than Gelish. My biggest complaint with Gelish is quality control. Too often there are problems with fading or consistency. Still, it's not a big number, it's just frustrating when it happens to you. Gelish advertises that you can use its base and top coat with any other brands' color coats. I do this often and find that they play well with other brands - a real point in Gelish's favor.

As for ACG, it has a few faders as well, and the color charts don't show the colors very well at all. I always go on line find swatches before I buy ACG. That said, ACG has fantastic fashion forward colors, especially neutrals.

Both work well as a base for nail art. I tend to use rnp over gel for nail art, so I can remove the art when the work week begins.

Thanks everyone, lots of great info! :)

I've just found out the supplier for Gelish is phasing it out and going into something else for some reason. There is another supplier who might be taking it on, but I will do a bit more research to see what the reasoning is.

Thank you ! :)

Another shout out for Gelish, I love the product, their courses are fab and the after care/support excellent.

Re the supplier who is phasing it out....if you're in the UK the only two official distributors are Harmony and Salon Services, buying from somewhere else you risk the product being fake or invalidating your insurance xx

I use both! Originally used ACG and I do love this brand. Never generally have any issues. Have never had a colour fade for me. The only gripe I have is the postage cost from Louella Belle. If you don't want to place a huge order then £8 is pricey. However the price of gels is cheaper than Gelish!! I also use Gelish as they have some colours that ACG don't offer. Nail Art is fine on both. Hope that helps 😀

Latest posts

Back