Gellux question about removal and hot sensation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niksmiss

Free Your Beauty
Reaction score
I love GelLux but as some of you may know I am thinking of changing over for 2 reasons:

a) colour range (irrelevant in this post)
b) removal

Removals are taking longer than they should as I feel the solution isn't really penetrating through the gel polish. I'm having to wrap the nails up a second time and even then it's still lots of scraping to get the polish off. Just doesn't peel off like it should.

Also, I'm using the base/top coat all in one and when curing (whether it is UV or LED) there is a hot sensation on the nail. This happens when it is base AND top coat but not the colour coats.

I was wondering if using the easy off base coat would help resolve both these issues and the separate GelLux top coat on the top layer. Or is it something I'm doing wrong. Please advise, I don't want to hurt my clients either curing or removing

TIA

Do you place the hands in heated mitts once you have buffed off the top coat and wrapped the fingers with remover/foil ? This helps speed it up abit and may help it penetrate more. The exothermic reaction is normal with gel,just get the client to press their finger pads down and this will alleviate the hot sensation x

I buff the Topcoat off gently to break the seal, then wrap in either acetone or gellux remover, whatever closest, lol, and I then either put a heated mitt on the clients hands, or, good tip is a cup of tea!
Ask the client to hold he cup, and the warmth does help.
I then leave for 10 mins and most of it flakes off, I get the rest off with either an orangewood stick or iv got a metal tool (looks a little bit like a cuticle pusher) and this helps.

As for he got sensation, could be that your clients nails are weak/thin. My sisters nails are very weak and hers always sting for a couple of seconds at first. I agree with the above poster, ask the client to push down on there fingers, it quickly passes.

Good Luck

Do you place the hands in heated mitts once you have buffed off the top coat and wrapped the fingers with remover/foil ? This helps speed it up abit and may help it penetrate more. The exothermic reaction is normal with gel,just get the client to press their finger pads down and this will alleviate the hot sensation x

I don't have any heated mitts I'm afraid, don't know i wasn't trained with them. I shall be looking in to these. Thanks Eager

I buff the Topcoat off gently to break the seal, then wrap in either acetone or gellux remover, whatever closest, lol, and I then either put a heated mitt on the clients hands, or, good tip is a cup of tea!
Ask the client to hold he cup, and the warmth does help.
I then leave for 10 mins and most of it flakes off, I get the rest off with either an orangewood stick or iv got a metal tool (looks a little bit like a cuticle pusher) and this helps.

As for he got sensation, could be that your clients nails are weak/thin. My sisters nails are very weak and hers always sting for a couple of seconds at first. I agree with the above poster, ask the client to push down on there fingers, it quickly passes.

Good Luck

I do everything you describe (including the metal tool, mine is the ASP soak off remover tool), the only thing I'm missing in all these steps is the added heat mentioned by yourself and Eager.

Thank you both so much. This will help my sanity and my clients patience. [emoji8]

Latest posts

Back