Gels cracking on one client only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Hi, I have taken on a very lovely client for gel nails recently. In the past she has been told by other nail techs that her nails are too oily for enhancements of any kind and therefore would just keep lifting and coming off! For some reason they do not lift when I do them, which I am very pleased about and the client is too, hence the reason she keeps coming back.

However, her last two sets I have done for her have been cracking down the middle and some across just under the white, one of her nails had even cracked right down to her natural nail!. I am mightily confused as I have done nothing different to usual and do not have this problem with any other clients. She says she has not bashed them and she has followed all the correct aftercare advice, but I just don't see how they can be doing this.

I use NSI Balance gels with NSI clear dura tips. Sorry for the essay :o

I am hoping someone can help me with this :)

Gels tend to crack at the weak points. When building her apex you can try running a string of gel downthe middle and across where tip meets natural nail to reinforce those areas. Also make sure your lamp is clean and the bulbs are good. Sometimes under curing causes breakdown too.

Thank you for your reply....can't be the lamp as it's only happening on that one client. I reckon to strengthen the weak points by doing that but will maybe do it slightly thicker.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Good idea. She could possibly be heavy handed without knowing, and whatever it is she's doing could be causing stress to her enhancements. Just make sure you build her a nice apex and reinforce those weak points and hopefully all is fixed :D

Latest posts

Back