Gels in 20 minutes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Just a quick question, does anyone out there take only 20 minutes to do a set of Gels? SOG or Buff off ? I am recruiting for a charity event and wanted mini mani- File and polish because I wanted treatments to not take much more than 15 minutes, one girl says she can do gels in that time? Seriously?

Yes...no prep, bung on a white tip, pull some clear gel over it, cure, buff with a white block paint on Gel topcoat cure. Voila !!
Look cheap and nasty, won't last long, but done in 20 mins :wink2:

Are you prepared to take the risk at a Charity Night where all sorts of people will judge you on the treatments received there?

File and polish is your best bet in 15 minutes....but then most people will smudge if they take part in anything else during the evening.

Why not extend the times to 30 minutes then a soak off Gel could be applied, look great, no smudging possible, and happy people showing them off to the people that didn't make the appointment list ;)

I was thinking file and polish with Sech Vite UV topcoat. It seems to stop smudging, or has on other ocassions when I have used it. I also thought those gels would be a dogs dinner so wont offer her a stand. Thanks for the reply. My prep alone takes more than 20 minutes. LOL

The charity organiser wants people to mingle so is not keen on having people stuck at a table for ages and then going home rather than short taster sessions and spreading the money to all the stalls and more for the charity as all stall holders will be donating a percentage of their proceeds. Hopefully everyone will be happy. Fingers crossed

I can do a very decent set of short gels in 30 mins using dashing diva-esque tips. Of course there would be no consultation or choice given to the client :p
I agree you should offer GPolish manicures, I don't know what it's like in your area but no one here is into regular polish at the moment :) x

the pamper evenings i do we are asked what treatments we want to offer and how long for each client! not them telling us! I do shellac and have half hour slots so can usually fit 5 in one night x

the pamper evenings i do we are asked what treatments we want to offer and how long for each client! not them telling us! I do shellac and have half hour slots so can usually fit 5 in one night x
This is a charity event and the stands are free so I think they do have a right to stipulate what they would prefer. I fully understand that they want people moving about, not kept " hostage " at one stall. They are trying to avoid long treatments mainly because it will be an after work event so once their nails are done they will get up and go rather than visit all the other stands.

Polish does well at this type of do, we want inexpensive and cheerful, £6.00 for file and polish, 15 minutes in and out. I do agree that gel would be much more popular but it would also be much more expensive, especially if the technician has to donate a percentage of her takings. If the visitors spend all their change in their purses on nails they wont have anything left for the Reflexology, Indian Head Massage, Jewellery, Bodyshop as well as the other stands, and of course spending money in the store who are donating all their takings on the night to the charity. The technicians are the only ones who will be earning anything out of the evening

If I could know for sure that someone could offer a decent set of SOG that will not chip or "jump off" within a day or two I would be very tempted but it is hard to find a reliable technician that does a perfect job at a low price, HA HA. Those things just don't go together in my mind, cheap nails are usually nasty nails and I would take way too long unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back