Gems, diamontes lasting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loohah

Reaction score
A client has jus txt me if she has gel polish with rhinestones on next week will the rhinestones last over xmas? Any 1 have good tips on how 2 stick them firm?? I normally jus put them in the polish before curing x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always use my nail adhesive. Don't have many issues with them coming off.

I usually place them into top coat then using a dotting tool I dot some top coat around the base of crystal then cure.

That usually lasts well for my clients, but when I went on holiday, on my own nails, I put them in the colour coat, cured then top coated, then dotted with top coat around base and cured, they lasted the two weeks. x

Thanks, think im gonna try both ur replies on seperate clients c which 1 i find the best x

I always use my nail adhesive. Don't have many issues with them coming off.

Do u glue them to top coat? Thanks x

wonder if anyone can help. im a qualified beauty therapist
im doing gellux gel polish and was experimenting the rhinestones on the ring finger on my sister. i used base coat cure then gel bond and placed the rhinestones on the gelbond glue then i cured and then top coat.
2 days later it all come off in a whole like together like a false nail
so i did it to myself it lasted 3 days and its come off just like a rhinestone false nail.
am i making it to thick what am i doing wrong?

wonder if anyone can help. im a qualified beauty therapist
im doing gellux gel polish and was experimenting the rhinestones on the ring finger on my sister. i used base coat cure then gel bond and placed the rhinestones on the gelbond glue then i cured and then top coat.
2 days later it all come off in a whole like together like a false nail
so i did it to myself it lasted 3 days and its come off just like a rhinestone false nail.
am i making it to thick what am i doing wrong?
Hiya, I don't know what gel bond is, and if it is normally used over base coat?

If I was doing the whole nail in crystals I would do a base, one or two silver colour coats (depending on coverage) set the stones in the second colour before curing, then top coat around each stone with either a dotting tool or a small brush, being careful not to go over the top of crystals as it dulls the shine. HTH x

Latest posts

Back