Getting back into tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashaRose

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I completed my beauty courses ( manicure, pedicure , Gel polish, Gel extensions and tanning ) Back in 2013/14. at which point I had every intention of having a completly mobile business by now . Unfortunately that did not happen ( i had 1 year old triplets at the time and came to the realisation that I just couldnt take any of it in !)

Now , I am still eager to start a mobile business but I am unsure on how to get back into it . Im thinking of ideally srarting with tanning first as I still have my machine and tent. Have ordered some samples from Sienna X and Rose & Caramel to try and get me started but i just dont know where to start as I havent done any of this for the last 2/3 years. My sister allowed me to tan her yesterday and a friend is letting me tan her next week but im stuck after that !

Any ideas on how to get my swing back? How do I advertise ? Do i offer a certain amount for free to try and get back into it ? or just Offer them at a lower price ?

Thank you in advance xx

Hi
last year i started my mobile business i hadn't done any beauty for about 2 years, i created a Facebook page and also advertise on shpock. I started offering tans at £5 just to help me build up my confidence now i charge £15. I would recommend the Rose and Caramel spray tan. I have had really good reviews from it and repeat business from new customers. thanks x

Hi little Jem ,

thank you . I have tried the rose and caramel and thinks its the best from the bunch so far! i will be doing another couple of sprays this week for free from my samples for a couple of ladies I know but i just dont feel like im upto scratch with it at all !
Do you offer other treatments alongside tanning ? Id like to offer nail treatments again but unsure how to go about it with the tanning along side? my sister would like a tan and mani & Polish but can I do these in the same day? Id still like to be able to use moisturiser with my manicures? x

Hi little Jem ,

thank you . I have tried the rose and caramel and thinks its the best from the bunch so far! i will be doing another couple of sprays this week for free from my samples for a couple of ladies I know but i just dont feel like im upto scratch with it at all !
Do you offer other treatments alongside tanning ? Id like to offer nail treatments again but unsure how to go about it with the tanning along side? my sister would like a tan and mani & Polish but can I do these in the same day? Id still like to be able to use moisturiser with my manicures? x

I read on another thread someone else asked the order. People recommended to do gel nails first, then do the tan and just give nails a quick wipe off after to remove any overspray on them, (then the client doesn't have to sit still after just having a tan done)
Not sure about just polish as it's not set and cured. Hopefully someone else can answer.
Glad you're sample went well. What's the rose and caramel like colour wise? Does it look nice and natural?

Latest posts

Back