Getting models?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layercaeks

Reaction score
So I keep trying to get models for my apprenticeship but unfortunately they either cancel last minute or dont show.

Yeasterday I made a flier with my apprentice pricing and all and posted it on gumtree and facebook. I also placed it on boards at backpacker hostels, traveler organisations and education facilities. Do you have any other ideas of what I could do?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any family or friends?

The problem with that is I have had them all cancel last minute or I already have done them and my salon wants me to train on different people.

They way you need to look at it is if you can't find models how will you find clients, approach people in the street make sure you look smart with your tunic on if you have one and really sell yourself with your flyer and take contact details and a phone number, then whoever you get through the door ask them to recommend a friend or family member xx

May seem daft, but won't the salon owner let you put a poster in the window asking for models?
Is there a local shop nearby to can pop a flyer on their door?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

May seem daft, but won't the salon owner let you put a poster in the window asking for models?
Is there a local shop nearby to can pop a flyer on their door?

I'm not even allowed to mention "model prices" to clients. I doubt they would let me. I have posted fliers in hostels and universities.

I'm getting a lot of people interested in model prices but unfortunately they aren't interested in blow waves which is what I need. People keeping asking for cuts, beliage and colour correction which I have 0% training in. So basically I keep finding model leads for the other apprentice but she never follows up on them.

I tried gumtree a while ago with my personal email but people were super rude when I explained I was only beginning and that I can only do blow waves. I remade my advert with the salons contact number and stuff but no one has called yet.

I was thinking of putting fliers up a job network centers and social benefit centers too. I'm trying to appeal to those who may have a tight income as the prices are cheaper. I've even visited salon supply stores but I got a lot of "no's" due to them having linked salons. I'm considering making up some more fliers and handing them out on the street.

One store I visited said no but took a flier as she knew someone who could put it up. She tried to make me do a consultation. I had to explain I haven't started colour yet. But it was good practice.

Last edited:
What about posting adverts on local Facebook selling pages. Some groups have 1000's of members, I use them all the time to advertise my mobile business, and often see posts from other people training who are needing models.

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

What about posting adverts on local Facebook selling pages. Some groups have 1000's of members, I use them all the time to advertise my mobile business, and often see posts from other people training who are needing models.

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

That's a good idea. I have my add circling facebook but it's only really people I know personally.

Someone came into our salon without making an appointment when we had an hour and a half to closing. I felt like I could do it but my senior stylist sent them away. I felt so bad.

Really your salon should be helping you find modelsby advertising n Facebook or a poster in the window, youll find that when your further into your training they may pass down clients to you as I didn't start doing models until a few months into my training xx good luck though x

Would the salon not let you offer a 'promotion' - Book a cut and blow dry with your stylist and receive a colour with our colour technician for only [Insert model price] (you do the colour)

My boss doesn't like me taking money out of the salons pocket. I do understand. But when I asked a friend of the salons and got lechtured I got annoyed.

They're really not helping you much are they! :confused:

Other than post your flyers through nearby letter box's and, as already mentioned, post on all your local for sale sites on FB I'm not sure what else you can do without getting the support from your boss x

Latest posts

Back