Getting your work noticed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rae Cosgrove

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the beauty world I'm training in nails and makeup. I was wondering if any of you can give me any tips on building a clientele or getting your work noticed. For instance I have an Instagram account to post photos of what I'm getting up to and thus seems to be going well with my family and friends. But my question is, what is the best way to get your work out into the world??

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! :)

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the beauty world I'm training in nails and makeup. I was wondering if any of you can give me any tips on building a clientele or getting your work noticed. For instance I have an Instagram account to post photos of what I'm getting up to and thus seems to be going well with my family and friends. But my question is, what is the best way to get your work out into the world??

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance! :)
Instagram and Facebook

Build a professional website and portfolio to get noticed.

Are you using hashtags? They put your posts into a virtual category if you like, so someone can search a hashtag as you might on google for "shellac" instead with "#shellac". There are absolutely loads for nails; nailart, mani, nailstagram, nailenvy, nailsofinstagram, Polish, nailtech.. The list is endless and easy to find if you start with a hashtag then a letter- I often put in "#nail" and see what it brings up. You could also hashtag colours, patterns or brands, and if the brand used is on Instagram why not mention their Instagram account too, they might then repost it! Then you'll get likes, and followers :) and seriously, explore posts with the hashtags, there's so much inspiration to be taken from it! Hope this helps X

Sorry for the late reply! I'm gonna work on a website/professional portfolio. And I tried the hashtag thing and it's kinda worked, so thanks for that - a huge help :p xx

Good suggestions there . But dont forget to ALWAYS have your nails absolutely perfect and carry business card with you at all times .

I remember when I first started that is how i got loads of clients and sometimes from the most unlikely places ......In the queue at the supermarket , just sat having a coffee ect ect . people came up to me and asked where I had my nails done and hey presto new client :)

Latest posts

Back