GHD or Cloud 9 for long thick hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diddy92

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm so stuck as to which to purchase??

GHD's or Cloud 9s
They would be used to straighten & to curl long thick hair.
What would be your recommendations for both straightening & curling?

I've always had GHDs and one them! But didn't know whether to give cloud 9 a go

Thanks!! :D

I went off Ghd’s as I felt the build quality had gone downhill as newer models weren’t as reliable and long lasting so I bought my first Cloud Nine straighteners back in 2013 at Salon International and they’ve been excellent and very reliable.

I’m not a hair professional, but have long thick hair and my Cloud 9 straighteners are perfect :)

Another vote for cloud 9 here - I recommend them a lot and my clients always comment on how they glide through the hair and feel lovely to use.

Not a huge fan of ghd, as quality changed and don't feel price corresponds. Cloud 9 good. I prefer Label.m.

Just wondering if anyone has the cloud 9 pro edition , I keep looking at them but at £100 more than the original are they that much better ?

I would go against the wind of option here as say GHD Platinum +. I have used cloud 9 but don't like that you have to change the temp as I feel most keep it too high and therefore damage hair I would not say cloud 9 are bad they are very good but I personally as a hairdresser using them every day for all types of hair like my GHD's. With regard to the build quality, again I have been told by GHD and found that the quality is better than it used to be but the problem they have is there is a lot of technology in them now and thus more to go wrong. Yes, some cheap (not cloud 9) stylers/straighteners have a lot less in them and therefore some go on for years and years but at what cost for your hair with no intelligent temperature controller overheating is a problem, and to cap it all you can turn most too high at 230C with no warning if it goes higher. GHD's are set at around 185C and less heat is better for hair and if they overheat etc they will not work etc.

Latest posts

Back