Girlfriend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya this may be best answered by Sam, Geeg or Samantha.
Got the new Alan Roy catalogue free with my copy of nails this month.
I notice that in it they sell the girlfriend buffer :| and that the price is £1.50 each. If it is the girlfriend buffer that you sell, how can they sell it so cheap?

This is definitely not the Creative Girlfrind Buffer whose name is a Registered Trade Mark by the way.

Just the usual scenario of someone once again using the Creative reputation and recognician to gain a few sales.

Guess this is another one for the legal department.

A few years ago a lady (and I use the word advisedly) started up a private lable line. She had done all her training with Creative ... walked out of her last class with a Creative trainers manual ... re-wrote the whole thing in her own words but with all Creative information and then SOLD the re-worded informaton sheets to anyone who was willing to buy as if it was all her own work. She tried to 'knock off' all the products even calling her sanitiser 'FResh Scrub' instead of ScrubFresh and other similar tricks. BOught products form a company and bottled them in her garage and stuck purple computer-generated labels on everything and called it a system. Even had a web site for a brief period of time.

People do this kind of thing all the time. You can tell a private label a mile off. These people never invest anything back into their company which is why they steal other company's images (reverse moulds spring to mind). They just take advantage of the unsuspecting and unknowing and hope to get away with it. And they do for awhile.

It is annoying at worst, but frankly they are not worth spending the time on them to do anything about it. All that does is take our focus away from serving our customers as best we can. It's just better to get on and run our business rather than get involved with people like this who usually don't last for long anyway.

[/QUOTE]This is definitely not the Creative Girlfrind Buffer whose name is a Registered Trade Mark by the way.

Just the usual scenario of someone once again using the Creative reputation and recognician to gain a few sales.

Guess this is another one for the legal department. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply Geeg, But i would ask the legal team to have a look at this as i have creative girlfriend buffers, and well the picture in the Alan Roy catalogue looks identical to the ones i have even the same name.
:twisted: Some companies :twisted:

Well unless he's selling some 'dodgy' goods, there is simply no way he could sell them for that price?
But thanks for the info and I will get it checked into.
The Creative girlfriend is a patented buffer.
4 Companies have been successfully sued so far for infringing this patent.
AR could be on very dodgy ground here and is definitely playing with fire.

We are already on it. I spyed it yesterday and we have already had discussions about it. Legal will be on it tomorrow. Damn they have been busy lately? ;)

What is it they say, imitation is the finest form of flattery LOL - on the AR front I was a bit surprised by their new acrylic monomer - Steel - bottles look very like Retention used to look and they even say in their blurb " we have set out to find an acrylic system to rival the best and even Creative technicians will find this exceptional"

If the industry is to continue to move forward then surely companies should be looking to develop and improve on what is already available rather than copy, sometimes poorly, what is already out there.

I fell into the trap of trying some of the "girlfriendesque" buffers and as they say buy cheap, buy twice - they all went in the bin as they were awful !

geeg said:
Well unless he's selling some 'dodgy' goods, there is simply no way he could sell them for that price?
But thanks for the info and I will get it checked into.
The Creative girlfriend is a patented buffer.
4 Companies have been successfully sued so far for infringing this patent.
AR could be on very dodgy ground here and is definitely playing with fire.

Glad to hear this will be sorted :biggrin:
Plenty of spies on your side now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back